Nick Janowski is N

hhcmatt

Nick Janowski, a highly touted 4 star basketball player from Pewaukee, Wisconsin, has officially committed to play for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The 6-foot-4 shooting guard announced his decision on social media, expressing his excitement for the opportunity to join the Huskers and play in the Big Ten conference.

In his junior season, Janowski averaged 22.3 points per game, 5.7 rebounds per game, and 4.1 assists per game while shooting 47.6% from the field and 41.4% from beyond the arc. He was named first-team All-State in Wisconsin and was a finalist for the state's Mr. Basketball award.  Other scholarship offers for Janowski include Georgia Tech, Iowa, Iowa State, Marquette, USC, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin. Janowski's commitment is the first class of 2024 recruit for the Nebraska.

View full article

Just watched his 12 minute highlight video. Not overly athletic, but this kid is a straight up hooper. As a junior in HS has more polish than most college seniors. Obviously hard to read too much from just a highlight video, but he gives me some real Tominaga vibes in the way he shoots/plays. 

One question I have is whether he is a PG or a SG. If he is not a PG then he is a bit small and unathletic for the 2, and may have defensive limitations similar to Keisei 

39 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

Just watched his 12 minute highlight video. Not overly athletic, but this kid is a straight up hooper. As a junior in HS has more polish than most college seniors. Obviously hard to read too much from just a highlight video, but he gives me some real Tominaga vibes in the way he shoots/plays. 

One question I have is whether he is a PG or a SG. If he is not a PG then he is a bit small and unathletic for the 2, and may have defensive limitations similar to Keisei 

I watched a video with a badger podcaster that hosted a fairly knowledgeable recruiting analyst to discuss him.  He said that while he can step over and play the point, his best stuff will come at the two because of how good he is at moving without the ball and shot hunting.  

2 hours ago, NUdiehard said:

The difference is he’s legitimately 6’4”, strong, and has decent length. Much more room to develop physically than KT. 

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Observation #1: Fred seems to like lefties.

Observation #2: Matt Thomas, II?

Matt Thomas was the first player who came to my mind as well.  I know I am type casting a bit…Top 150 6’4” white kid from Wisconsin that can bomb threes.  I don’t think Matt was a lefty but a lot of similarities in the role I envision on our team.  Nick may have more game inside the arc than Matt but time will tell.