Rienk Mast is N

On 4/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, Dead Dog Alley said:

Just wait until Larry Scirotto calls him for four illegal screens some game

I'm still in favor of recruiting the 11th and 12th OT from the FB team to come in and set some screens. Doesn't matter the fouls, but some B1G guards will become a little reticent to play tight cover.

Quote from Hoiberg

“Rienk has a skillset which I think will flourish in our system,” Hoiberg said. “Offensively, he is very crafty around the basket while he is also comfortable stepping out to the 3-point line. He has been one of the best rebounders in the Missouri Valley Conference for the past two years and comes from a program that won its conference and played in the postseason last year. Rienk will provide an immediate impact in the frontcourt for us next season.”

Since Mast is comfortable playing on the arc I wonder if Hoiberg might play Gary in Walker's high post spot and let him be a driver/screener so his man can't clog the paint and let Mast fire away from three if his man doesn't go out and guard him.

Edited by Navin R. Johnson

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Since Mast is comfortable playing on the arc I wonder if Hoiberg might play Gary in Walker's high post spot and let him be a driver/screener so his man can't clog the paint and let Mast fire away from three if his man doesn't go out and guard him.

Perhaps.  If you remember the end of this past season we even had Keisei in the high post setting picks.  The versatile nature of Fred's offense allows pretty much anyone to play any role.

I sort of think that is what we are hearing from our incoming players.  They seem to enjoy the outlook of playing in Fred's system. 

This Mast thread sort of got sidetracked by Wilhelm. I enjoy reading everyone's opinions, but the bottom line is that  young  players can make all of us armchair experts look foolish from year to year as they develop. The last player I remember who "didn't belong on a Big Ten roster" was Tominaga, and we all know how that turned out (I can only wish KT returns for another year). So, how about dropping WB evaluation for the present and returning to Mast, who seems to be a great fit for next year. 
For me it was Brandon Ubel

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Does anyone know how Mast pronounces his first name? I'm guessing it is Reenk. 

From this article ( https://huskers.com/news/2023/4/13/mens-basketball-huskers-ink-rienk-mast.aspx )

Nebraska Men's Basketball Coach Fred Hoiberg announced Thursday afternoon that two-time All-Missouri Valley performer Rienk Mast (pronounced RINK) will transfer to Nebraska for the 2023-24 season.

Edited by AuroranHusker

Fun article to read.  You can tell that it has been converted to English; that is what makes it fun(ny).  It does tell us why he wears #51.

https://commentaryboxsports.com/groningens-basketball-pride-reinke-mast-21-takes-a-new-big-step-in-his-career-and-ends-up-under-a-great-coach/

Edited by Huskerpapa

24 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Fun article to read.  You can tell that it has been converted to English; that is what makes it fun(ny).  It does tell us why he wears #51.

https://commentaryboxsports.com/groningens-basketball-pride-reinke-mast-21-takes-a-new-big-step-in-his-career-and-ends-up-under-a-great-coach/

8 feet!?! That's one hell of a growth spurt. I mean we have to completly retool our offense with that kind of height!

Iowa (What the hell is a Hawkeye? They must mean something else) Hurricanes. 

17 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I think she was referring to the Iowa State Cyclones...🤣

I really like the way the article was written/translated.   Some of the expressions are quite refreshing to hear, making one have to think a little.  Sometimes it takes a non-native speaker to come up with some refreshingly new insights.

BTW @Huskerpapathanks so much for your insights on Allick; I had no idea :ph34r:.  Look forward to his OV.  🙏

15 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

I put together an in-depth breakdown of Mast with clip compilations over at Hail Varsity in case anyone here is interested. Really like the fit for Hoiberg's offense. 

https://hailvarsity.com/basketball/nebrasketball-film-study-bradley-transfer-rienk-mast/

I asked Chat GPT. Stupid bot.

Can you tell me what kind of impact Rienk Mast will have on the University of Nebraska's men's basketball team in 2023-24?

I'm sorry, but as an artificial intelligence language model, I don't have access to current or future events beyond my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021. Additionally, even if I did have access to such information, predicting the specific impact that an individual player will have on a sports team in a future season is highly uncertain and dependent on a variety of factors such as player development, team dynamics, and competition. It's best to wait and see how the season unfolds to assess the impact that Rienk Mast may have on the University of Nebraska's men's basketball team in 2023-24.

3 hours ago, jayschool said:

Can you tell me what kind of impact Rienk Mast will have on the University of Nebraska's men's basketball team in 2023-24?

I'm sorry, but as an artificial intelligence language model, I don't have access to current or future events beyond my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021. Additionally, even if I did have access to such information, predicting the specific impact that an individual player will have on a sports team in a future season is highly uncertain and dependent on a variety of factors such as player development, team dynamics, and competition. It's best to wait and see how the season unfolds to assess the impact that Rienk Mast may have on the University of Nebraska's men's basketball team in 2023-24.

You didn't ask the obvious follow-up:  "What f**king good are you, then?"

3 hours ago, jayschool said:

Why didn't you tell ChatGPT about HHC?