Transfer Portal 2023

10 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Man I hate to say this…. But I did not see, at all, where this dude fit in with what we have returning. Good for both parties involved. I didn’t want him at the risk of running off, say like, Lawrence or something. 

Yep.  I’m thinking Lawrence, Lloyd, and Kesei could be really good with the 6’7” guard we are already bringing in.  Wouldn’t mind adding Sallis’ athleticism to that bunch, but no need to settle for anyone at this point unless we don’t have Keisei back. 

Edited by Fullbacksympathy

56 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Yep.  I’m thinking Lawrence, Lloyd, and Kesei could be really good with the 6’7” guard we are already bringing in.  Wouldn’t mind adding Sallis’ athleticism to that bunch, but no need to settle for anyone at this point unless we don’t have Keisei back. 

Kind of what I was thinking, if hunter comes it’s to run the point, we could really use another big with Blaise going through recovery.  We only really need another SG if KT doesn’t return or we want to fill out last scholarship with the best athlete we can get.  I still stand by really wanting sallis, Dunlop and the kid from North Star (sorry, drawing a blank in his name)

1 minute ago, Keenan9595 said:

Kind of what I was thinking, if hunter comes it’s to run the point, we could really use another big with Blaise going through recovery.  We only really need another SG if KT doesn’t return or we want to fill out last scholarship with the best athlete we can get.  I still stand by really wanting sallis, Dunlop and the kid from North Star (sorry, drawing a blank in his name)

Blaise had a lower body injury two years ago and a high ankle sprang this past December.  Bluntly, he should be fully recovered now.  

Blaise is a big man with an unhealthy background.  He will soon be here one full year and under the guidance of nutrition, strength, flexibility and skill experts.  If he is not 100% healthy at this point I will be disappointed. 

52 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Blaise had a lower body injury two years ago and a high ankle sprang this past December.  Bluntly, he should be fully recovered now.  

Blaise is a big man with an unhealthy background.  He will soon be here one full year and under the guidance of nutrition, strength, flexibility and skill experts.  If he is not 100% healthy at this point I will be disappointed. 

My thoughts as well, I’m hoping for the best but also know that some guys just never heal correctly.  Not a knock on him it just happens, I’d rather have another option just incase the worse case scenario happens.  

2 hours ago, Keenan9595 said:

Josiah Allick.

3 hours ago, Keenan9595 said:

I sure hope we can do better than settle for Josiah Allick

9 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

IMO, you'll be pleasantly surprised about what he can do for us and his role. 

I think him talking about wanting to do more offensively was a nice way of him saying he didn't want to spend another year in New Mexico watching Jamal Mashburn Jr take 531 shots