Transfer Portal 2023

Give me Sallis, Wrightsell, Hughley and Williams and I'll be very happy about this offseason. If another spot opens up or something, add in Dunlap.

No idea if they can pull all four or five of those guys in, but I think that's my ideal scenario with what I know about who they're looking as of the typing of this message.

Edited by uneblinstu

30 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Give me Sallis, Wrightsell, Hughley and Williams and I'll be very happy about this offseason. If another spot opens up or something, add in Dunlap.

No idea if they can pull all four or five of those guys in, but I think that's my ideal scenario with what I know about who they're looking as of the typing of this message.

I get the feeling the guys we want most are:

Javian McCollum

Brice Williams 

Hunter Sallis

Rienk Mast

3 minutes ago, MichHusker said:

Would be a really nice haul. Could realistically put out a lineup with 4 really good shooters and a 5 that has the ability to hit a 3

I'm just curious how everyone fits in if we were able to pull all of those 4. Lawrence? Gary? KT? I can't image we are bringing in anybody from the transfer portal that doesn't assume they're starting.... right? 

19 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Is there a date or anything where we can start to feel pretty confident the guys we have are staying? At least for a cycle or something? 

The big date to monitor is probably the end of the semester.  July 1st would be your Burno/Andrew White unexpected groin kick date.

4 hours ago, basketballjones said:

I'm just curious how everyone fits in if we were able to pull all of those 4. Lawrence? Gary? KT? I can't image we are bringing in anybody from the transfer portal that doesn't assume they're starting.... right? 

There is no way we will have this problem

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The big date to monitor is probably the end of the semester.  July 1st would be your Burno/Andrew White unexpected groin kick date.

Cipsalsa is making a return in 2023. I decided it was time to get off my fat ass and do a garden again.  Let's do a contest!  We'll drag it along till I can make salsa.  Dimes deadline is July 1st. I'll move it up a month.  Whomever successfully names our portal transfers between now and June 1st will get a pint of salsa.  The first person who correctly names the new additions from the portal will get a quart. If there are still transfers out there, we'll keep going till July 1st and do the contest all over again.  I have a really good feeling the portal will be very favorable to the Huskers.  Don't walk by sight, but by faith!

16 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Cipsalsa is making a return in 2023. I decided it was time to get off my fat ass and do a garden again.  Let's do a contest!  We'll drag it along till I can make salsa.  Dimes deadline is July 1st. I'll move it up a month.  Whomever successfully names our portal transfers between now and June 1st will get a pint of salsa.  The first person who correctly names the new additions from the portal will get a quart. If there are still transfers out there, we'll keep going till July 1st and do the contest all over again.  I have a really good feeling the portal will be very favorable to the Huskers.  Don't walk by sight, but by faith!

Here's my list :lol:

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/basketball/2023/

What a bizarre final three.  Wrightsell feels like a kid that Minnesota needs, would be a luxury for us (unless Keisei leaves and then he becomes a priority), and no clue what role he'd play in Tuscaloosa.  Gotta say I am shocked that Bama did more than just kick the tires on him.   

46 minutes ago, busticket said:

His offensive numbers look good.  Having never seen him play in college, I wonder if he plays defense like his dad.  

I'd say his numbers are just OK.  1.2 assist to turnover ratio. 38% from 3 and 42% from the floor. And while 16.7 PPG looks nice at face value, that number is inflated by being a volume shooter against the #225 ranked SOS.  If we were looking for someone to step in and take a lot of shots then he would be a pretty solid candidate.  He does shoot from all across the floor, averaging roughly an equal number of attempts from inside and outside the arc to get to his 14 shots per game.  But I don't think that's the player we are looking for, unless Keisei leaves.

Edited by aphilso1
math fix

18 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

I'd say his numbers are just OK.  1.2 assist to turnover ratio. 38% from 3 and 42% from the floor. And while 16.7 PPG looks nice at face value, that number is inflated by being a volume shooter against the #225 ranked SOS.  If we were looking for someone to step in and take a lot of shots then he would be a pretty solid candidate.  He does shoot from all across the floor, averaging roughly an equal number of attempts from inside and outside the arc to get to his 14 shots per game.  But I don't think that's the player we are looking for, unless Keisei leaves.

Agreed. And as the resident "take in-state kids" guy, I appreciate you making this post first, so it didn't hurt me as much. 

Wrightsell was the 5th scoring option on the court before becoming the primary scoring option this year. What makes people think that he'd automatically be a volume shooter here as opposed to someone who might just be extremely coachable?

Otherwise, the impressive thing about Wrightsell's numbers from last year is that his offensive efficiency increased overall despite the fact he went from being the 5th scoring option in 2021-22 to the first in 2022-23.