Transfer Portal 2023

32 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

Wrightsell and Sallis in the backcourt would be a great combination it seems to me.   Noticed that CU did not appear anywhere on Wrightsell's list.   I really don't remember much about him from high school but his numbers last year at Fullerton look good.

From the 24/7 article:

Creighton: “Ryan Nembhard entered the transfer portal. My dad, Latrell Wrightsell Sr., went to Creighton. I will base my decision on the best fit but I have not talked to them yet. They have talked to my dad and they want somebody to come in and fill that spot. They want me to continue the legacy within the family of going there.”

50 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

From the 24/7 article:

Creighton: “Ryan Nembhard entered the transfer portal. My dad, Latrell Wrightsell Sr., went to Creighton. I will base my decision on the best fit but I have not talked to them yet. They have talked to my dad and they want somebody to come in and fill that spot. They want me to continue the legacy within the family of going there.”

If he does go there, hopefully we will repeat history.

image.png

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If he does go there, hopefully we will repeat history.

image.png

I was sitting in the Student Section by some well to do elderly ladies dressed up in their Creighton attire. During warmups I said out loud to my buddy, “I HATE Creighton.” The ladies turned around aghast & said “do you really”? YES, was all I said…

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

I was sitting in the Student Section by some well to do elderly ladies dressed up in their Creighton attire. During warmups I said out loud to my buddy, “I HATE Creighton.” The ladies turned around aghast & said “do you really”? YES, was all I said…

That was the only game that year where I had to sit up top, since the student section was full when we got there.  Apparently it was full due to some f**king C*******n fans sitting there that shouldn't have been.

Some updates from Washut.

Seems like Hugley is ours IF we want him. Folks in WV might’ve spent all their money on Kriisa. Sounds like Hugley will have to give a good recruiting pitch to Nebraska more so than Nebraska will to him.  Glad we’re doing our due diligence there. 

Coach Ernie has good relationships with McCollum and Brice Williams. 

Hoiberg wants Sallis. Just my opinion, but I think he goes elsewhere. 

Two other bigs to keep an eye on: Rienk Mast and Ben Krikke. 

Thinks Keisei is back next year.

Thinks Chucky stays in Madison. 

43 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Some updates from Washut.

Seems like Hugley is ours IF we want him. Folks in WV might’ve spent all their money on Kriisa. Sounds like Hugley will have to give a good recruiting pitch to Nebraska more so than Nebraska will to him.  Glad we’re doing our due diligence there. 

If he’s mentally right he would be such a good get for us.  He’s not gonna be the distributor that walker was from the high post or have the off the dribble game but his low block game and rebounding would be better than what walker had.  Also looks like in a very small sample size he may have added the 3 pointer to his game last year before sitting out. 

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Was there any mention on why the feelings weren’t necessarily mutual with Hugley or why he has to give us the recruiting pitch?  What didn’t we like?

Here's what my friend said about Hugley

" Hugley is a mental midget. He will play a few games then either get injured or say he is having personal issues. "

54 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Just a humble thought/question.  Why would we reach out and "recruit" a player without first doing our due diligence; at least in part?  Money and time is spent, and why incur either cost if you are not going to sign him?

Why are you under the impression that we are not going to sign him?

In the context of not signing a talented guy which gets you fired or signing a guy who ruins your team chemistry that gets you fired, having some guy travel to your campus to figure it out is arguably the best time and money you can spend.