Transfer Portal 2023

10 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska is one of the few who can show him tape of a dude in a similar role with Dalano Banton and Sam Griesel as taller PGs for the Huskers. That alone might work in our favor, and we have an open slot in the starting lineup up for grabs. It could be a great fit for all parties involved. GBR

where would he start?

From SI:

Sharavjamts was measured at a quarter of an inch shy of 6-foot-9 at the Nike Hoop Summit, with an 8-foot-8 standing reach. The measurements are certainly intriguing for someone with the potential to shoot from the perimeter and run your offense on a primary level.

The intrigue and buzz has a lot to do with his unique combination of skills and size. At nearly 6-foot-9, he can play as a jumbo point guard who is not just able to create for teammates, but also to space the floor with tremendous consistency, being a threat from beyond the 3-point line.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/nba-draft-scouting-report-daytons-mike-sharavjamts#gid=ci02adf018000026d0&pid=usatsi_19496984

17 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

NBA Draftroom projects him in the '24 or '25 draft and ranks him among PGs as follows:

2025 PG Rankings

1. Johnuel Fland – 6-3 – White Plains, NY
  2. Freddie Dilione – 6-5 – Tennessee
  3. Bruce Thornton – 6-2 – Ohio State
  4. Sergio de Larrea – 6-6 – Spain
  5. Elliot Cadeau – 6-2 – North Carolina
  6. Miro Little – 6-4 – Baylor (Finland)
  7. Mike Sharavjamts – 6-8 – Dayton (Mongolia)
  8. Egor Demin – 6-7 – Russia
  9. Garway Dual – 6-5 – Providence
  10. Zoom Diallo – 6-4 – Tacoma, WA
  11. Jalik Dunkley-Distant – 6-6 – Canada
  12. Jabari Phillips – 6-3 – Arizona
  13. Jeremy Fears – 6-2 – Michigan State
  14. ZZ Clark – 6-2 – Nashville, TN
  15. Zion Harmon – 5-11 – Bethune-Cookman

Sharavjamts would be a nice addition, but if we don't land him I wonder what that recruiting status is on Dunkley-Distant.  Based on the name alone, sounds like he could both finish at the rim with authority and hit 3s from deep!  :)

I'm very very interested in what sharavjamts does. He has a ton of potential, don't get me wrong. But, his last year at Dayton was pretty bad and he's imo quite a bit away from impacting the game enough to be an NBA level guy. 

I'm king of the "I love tall PGs" club, so I love this. Something I'm curious in with his is where his priorities lie. Is he trying to play right away, or is he trying to get development to eventually make that jump to the league? If it's the latter, we definitely have a chance. He would get some bench minutes (15-20 mpg) this year and then fill in as a starter the following year. If it's the former, I can't see him here. 

18 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Washut seems to think we are on the outside looking in on this one.

Whoa, whoa, wait, who gave you permission to deprive me of my unbridled fantasy?

I've got him inked into the starting lineup for next year. In Sharpie!

Edited by Norm Peterson

5 hours ago, Swan88 said:

I agree with the sentiment that, for his role, would love to see him at Nebraska.

He's has the size of a Griesel or a Banton. Has good vision, good passing skills. He's a better ball handler than Griesel and he's a better shooter than Banton. Other teams appear to be looking at him as a forward. We're obviously willing to let a tall kid like this with ball skills to play point.

He has awesome length for a PG. He seems to know just when something opens up for him to attack. Just seems to have that feel. But he doesn't seem like a guy who's overly concerned about getting his.

Good vision. Good feel for the game. He's the guy who could replace Derrick Walker's assists with Keisei. They both (he and Keisei) make really good, sharp, aggressive cuts. And Mike shows the ability to hit teammates with backdoor passes, and you just get the sense that he and Keisei would have really good chemistry.

Of all the portal entrants where we've made their top 3 or top 5 this year, this kid has me most excited. Would love to get him here.