Transfer Kerr Kriisa -> West Virginia

hhcmatt

2 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Sure, but are they guys that want to come here and are they guys that will help the team improve on last year's record? 

We're getting high level guys like Kriisa and Hugley to visit.  Seems pretty encouraging thus far.

My perception of our current status of navigating the transfer portal doesn't involve me taking time to fret over its pace.  How could I know if the guys who want to sign right away will be better for our team than the guys who do not?

7 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

We're getting high level guys like Kriisa and Hugley to visit.  Seems pretty encouraging thus far.

My perception of our current status of navigating the transfer portal doesn't involve me taking time to fret over its pace.  How could I know if the guys who want to sign right away will be better for our team than the guys who do not?

Yeah...

Another thing to fret about is how many hole will need to be filled.  Meaning, are we cock-sure there won't be further exodus from our team?  Arguably, at this point, we need two bigs, at least one point guard, and one or two combo or off-guards and possibly another wing.  

When you see other teams successfully plucking "dudes" from the portal, many fans fear losing any traction that we gained last year.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah...

Another thing to fret about is how many hole will need to be filled.  Meaning, are we cock-sure there won't be further exodus from our team?  Arguably, at this point, we need two bigs, at least one point guard, and one or two combo or off-guards and possibly another wing.  

When you see other teams successfully plucking "dudes" from the portal, many fans fear losing any traction that we gained last year.

This is along my thinking too. It's not so much we are losing out on these particular recruits that has an uneasiness taking over me. It's that, to me, it seems like we need quite a few transfers and then we need them to pan out. We will get transfers. But will they be ones that matter. And to Matts point I am encouraged with the visits, but it's starting to feel ominous. 

Edited by cornfed24-7

51 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah...

Do we know for sure though? Agree we need a proven PG and versatile center. The rest might depend on what they think they have in Lloyd and Rice. That would be your combo guard and wing if they are s good as we hope. Do they think WB make a big jump or Blaise will get stronger and stay healthy. A lot of unknowns, would love to know what the staff thinks.

• hhcmatt changed the title to Transfer Kerr Kriisa -> West Virginia
1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Don't knock it - you haven't lived until you've gotten your freak on at a Shim Sham after party

Hey, I've actually seen the Shims  Shammers in a state of partial undress in the  locker room.   Big mistaken entry into forbidden territory.  30 years ago, and I'm still traumatized.

• 1 month later...
Just now, doc1394 said:

If he opens up his decision after the Huggins fiasco does Nebraska make another run? He’d be an upgrade over Ulis 

Wow, that is a fascinating angle and I suspect they do with two open scholarships.  And, Huggins is a complete moron for saying what he did.  As a parent, I would definitely cast a leery eye if my child played for him.

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

19 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

And, Huggins is a complete moron for saying what he did. 

Had no idea what was going on. Had to go and Google it. This article shows just how big a moron he is. As for Kriisa if he wants to come here you take him. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/as-bob-huggins-said-theres-no-excuse-for-him-using-a-homophobic-slur-but-how-will-west-virginia-react/