Jaz is returning!!

Neb Nets

Jazz is the difference maker for next season,  plain and simple.

Otherwise were in for a tough next season. Just not optimistic after losing Sam and Issie.   

Hate to say it.....And it will probably be another .500-.600 year anyway (with the current roster and the 3 current new commits.  

But just adding Weidner and Markowski made a huge difference when they came in as freshmen.    So freshman can matter.

Must have Weidner back. Hope for her sake she will be Okay.

Regrettably but we should look to replace the ones that continue to not be able to play.  Open up the roster with more recruits and/or portal players. Fill out to 15 or so players that can actually play on the court. And add to practice environment for that matter.

I'm for taking another approach to how the roster is managed...not that it means anything to anyone. Just disappointed how last season progressed.

Done whining   

JAZZ IS STAYING !!

Edited by redsteve

Jaz' returning opens up a lot of possibilities for us, Recruiting-wise; Drawing attention to the program we might not have otherwise had (i.e. a returning, selfless, star player) and prospects for next year.  Her emphasis on coaching, development, teammates, and community can't help but resonate with prospective recruits or transfers (indeed being a transfer herself).  We may be in for some exciting times.

9 hours ago, Tom Jones said:

Three guard system of Jaz, Weidner, and Moriarity?   What about Krull? 

We will have Jaz, Weidner, Hake, Krull, and newbie Nisley at guard.  I still like both Kendall's manning the '3' position.  Krull could even switch between guard and small forward.  Jaz returning, makes this group look promising.

Yep, needless to say, great news indeed!  Jaz thanks for returning and for your commitment to the Husker program!!

On 3/31/2023 at 1:02 PM, redsteve said:

I'm for taking another approach to how the roster is managed...not that it means anything to anyone. Just disappointed how last season progressed.

I confirm and agree with the above comment.  Jaz is one less piece we need to add for next season, but we know of course there are still others to fill to get to a better place for next season.  Interested to follow what will happen.  GBR!

Edited by mwm89

Good interview and well worth a listen, especially near the end when they discuss the teams celebrating their wins (we've played, and beat some of the teams that made deep runs in the tournament, can't help but think maybe it could have been us). One of the reasons she decided to return (like some unfinished business), optimistic regarding next season, we have some good players coming in. Really complimentary and appreciative of the Husker's coaches And Fan Base.

Edited by Red Don