NCAA & WNIT FINAL FOUR PREDICTIONS

redsteve

Like her or not Mulkey now has 4 national championships.  Did it with LSU in about 3 seasons as Coach.  

Thought a big factor was Iowa getting called for lots of the sneaky fouls they usually don't get called for. So they started to foul out.

This may have been the best chance Iowa may get for a long time.  

And...obviously the LSU quick bigs, perimeter 3's and 15' shooting and defense.  102 points, even Iowa can't keep up with that. (or 99% of all NCAA teams)

Edited by redsteve

5 minutes ago, Neb Nets said:

Was it classy or good sportsmanship for Angel Reese to stare down Clark and point to her ring finger at the end of the game? No.
Do I feel the least bit bad for Clark? Also no. 

Clark only got returned, what she has dished out many many times.  Dish it out...expect it might  come your way in return.    So, no problem

Edited by redsteve

4 minutes ago, HUD said:

Now that Iowa has a taste of getting this close watch for them to hit the portal for players that can take them to the top like Brink from Stanford.  What big wouldn't want to play with Clark for a year.

Iowa's going to be a completely different team next year., even with Clark. They lose almost all their starters (except Clark). Lots of young ones on the bench, some good talent among them. Later in the season if they jell, might be a decent team.....but that's a long way down the road.

8 minutes ago, Red Don said:

image.png

Iowa fans on Facebook losing their minds about Angel’s taunting but they’ve all conveniently forgotten how Clark made the same hand in front of the face gesture while taunting during the Louisville game last week. 

Edited by Neb Nets

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Don't see anything racial about it, at all.

Clark did it before to another player, so Reese gave it back.  Hey, players take notes.... when another player is trash talking, or doing what Clark does, it was very disrespectful..  So Reese returned the favor. She didn't say a word to Clark. 

Not classy, sure, ....but again, pass BS out and you get it back.  As long as it's not fist fights, etc...it is what it is. 

38 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Don't see anything racial about it, at all.

Clark did it before to another player, so Reese gave it back.  Hey, players take notes.... when another player is trash talking, or doing what Clark does, it was very disrespectful..  So Reese returned the favor. She didn't say a word to Clark. 

Not classy, sure, ....but again, pass BS out and you get it back.  As long as it's not fist fights, etc...it is what it is. 

I don't think it was racial, either.

I think the media makes her out to be the best player ever.  I think more people have not watched Clark at all until the last 2 games.  They, then see an LSU player doing that to her, and call it classless.  They don't see Clark doing similar things all year.

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Iowa's going to be a completely different team next year., even with Clark. They lose almost all their starters (except Clark). Lots of young ones on the bench, some good talent among them. Later in the season if they jell, might be a decent team.....but that's a long way down the road.

Kate Martin and Gabby Marshal both elected to come back for their 5th year (covid). Warnock could have but elected not to.

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Like her or not Mulkey now has 4 national championships.  Did it with LSU in about 3 seasons as Coach.  

Thought a big factor was Iowa getting called for lots of the sneaking fouls they usually don't get called for. So they started to foul out.

This may have been the best chance Iowa may get for a long time.  

And...obviously the LSU quick bigs, perimeter 3's and 15' shooting and defense.  102 points, even Iowa can't keep up with that. (or 99% of all NCAA teams)

i can't stand Mulkey......at all...................................however, she can coach.

Mulkey is theatrical for a reason.  She wants to be the center of attention.  Taking LSU to the title in two years is impressive.  She has four.  

Iowa should be proud of what they accomplished. Not bad to hang a Final Four Banner.  With Marshall and Martin returning, Iowa is going to be very good. I have no idea on their incoming class.  Bluder is doing something right. 

Blider has done what you want your coach to do.

Bluder has been there a very long time, and after years of trial and error, she has put together her system. She recruits the type of players that fits that system.  Scorers that can out score the other team.  There is a offensive schemed system. Aggressive and excellent learned execution. Mental toughness where you think your better than everyone else.

She has that game "attitude" that some find abrasive, and her players learn it from her. Bluder doesn't discourage it. Iowa's not unique, most teams are a reflection of the head coach.

And Bluder doesn't teach tough defense, stay on your man, but don't foul. (or her top 5 scorers will be on the bench) She play's the starters most of the minutes, and 3 or 4  subs that don't usually play lots of minutes.  At Iowa you wait your turn. (most schools are like that)

Yesterday, Iowa's defense lost it for them.  One can argue about the refs, technicals, blah, blah....but LSU scored 58 or 59 in the first half. That was pretty much it really. 

I thought the ref's were pretty accurate, and called the stuff that happened. Some say "let them play".  Games get out of control these days when that's the norm. Iowa got called for stuff they have gotten away with a lot.  

Ironic where Iowa played maybe their best defense all year against So Car, but went back to their old defense scheme yesterday and lost because of it. Feast or famine.

Anyway this season is over.  Focus now is back to our own team. It will be quiet for a while, unless we pursue the portal.  For some reason just don't think that's what we'll do. 

The media doesn't talk much about women's BBall during the summer. It's like a bear's winter hibernation. 

So, I'm going to turn on my lawn sprinkler on, and go pick up my mower that's in the shop for it's 3 year tune up/fix up, and the blade sharpened.  Going to the spring game in a few weeks. Life goes on.

Sorry this got so long.

GBR

Edited by redsteve

2 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Mulkey is theatrical for a reason.  She wants to be the center of attention.  Taking LSU to the title in two years is impressive.  She has four.  

Iowa should be proud of what they accomplished. Not bad to hang a Final Four Banner.  With Marshall and Martin returning, Iowa is going to be very good. I have no idea on their incoming class.  Bluder is doing something right. 

i was shocked Mulkey didn't get AT LEAST one technical. there was 2 absolute opportunities. one may have settled her a** down a bit.

would someone help me here..................i can't remember what they called it, but, when did reviewing a non-call come into play??? dealing with the Czinano situation. not liking it.

btw, on 'early break' this morning, Sip was talking about Clark's numerous NIL deals (Nike is one of them)....she is making over $1 million. 

i read that elsewhere, too.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Not sure about the rule-book Whoop, or whether it makes a difference, but it seems that Mulkey parlayed the reaction of the LSU player (she did get an elbow) into a review to see if it might have been a Flagrant Foul (refs decided not a Flagrant).  IIRC, Mulkey had called a TO (lobby refs for a review).  No Flagrant so LSU was charged with the TO (would have been a 'free' TO if they had determined it was Flagrant).

4 hours ago, redsteve said:

Blider has done what you want your coach to do.

Bluder has been there a very long time, and after years of trial and error, she has put together her system. She recruits the type of players that fits that system.  Scorers that can out score the other team.  There is a offensive schemed system. Aggressive and excellent learned execution. Mental toughness where you think your better than everyone else.

She has that game "attitude" that some find abrasive, and her players learn it from her. Bluder doesn't discourage it. Iowa's not unique, most teams are a reflection of the head coach.

And Bluder doesn't teach tough defense, stay on your man, but don't foul. (or her top 5 scorers will be on the bench) She play's the starters most of the minutes, and 3 or 4  subs that don't usually play lots of minutes.  At Iowa you wait your turn. (most schools are like that)

Yesterday, Iowa's defense lost it for them.  One can argue about the refs, technicals, blah, blah....but LSU scored 58 or 59 in the first half. That was pretty much it really. 

I thought the ref's were pretty accurate, and called the stuff that happened. Some say "let them play".  Games get out of control these days when that's the norm. Iowa got called for stuff they have gotten away with a lot.  

Ironic where Iowa played maybe their best defense all year against So Car, but went back to their old defense scheme yesterday and lost because of it. Feast or famine.

Anyway this season is over.  Focus now is back to our own team. It will be quiet for a while, unless we pursue the portal.  For some reason just don't think that's what we'll do. 

The media doesn't talk much about women's BBall during the summer. It's like a bear's winter hibernation. 

So, I'm going to turn on my lawn sprinkler on, and go pick up my mower that's in the shop for it's 3 year tune up/fix up, and the blade sharpened.  Going to the spring game in a few weeks. Life goes on.

Sorry this got so long.

GBR

Thanks Steve; the best synopsis I believe I've read.  🍾