Your National Champion Bluejays

5 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Thoughts? You call that foul or not? I felt like you gotta swallow the whistle given it’s a tie ball-game. Let the players decide in OT. 

I don’t call it in that moment, but it was a foul. But for Creighton to lose in that fashion with an Omaha kid challenging on the last play? *chef’s kiss*

13 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Thoughts? You call that foul or not? I felt like you gotta swallow the whistle given it’s a tie ball-game. Let the players decide in OT. 

Yeah no. I hate it when they swallow the whistle at the end. It rewards bad play. 

21 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I just think about how they cheered when Tim Miles got ejected in our last NCAA tourney appearance and I'm just happy they lost in the way they lost. Ef them. It was the right call.

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I just think about how they cheered when Tim Miles got ejected in our last NCAA tourney appearance and I'm just happy they lost in the way they lost. Ef them. It was the right call.

Also don’t give the refs a reason to blow the whistle. Hand on his hip when the ball was in the air. If he sees that hand mid jump shot he’s gonna blow the whistle in real time. 

I get CU fans will bitch, it’s what fans do….but they shot double the FTs, got called for 10 fouls the entire game and were gift wrapped the tie on the worst inbounds of all time. Really not much to bitch about, they didn’t play well enough to advance. 

25 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

If you, as a referee see there was a foul, you have to call it.  Criticize the way the rest of the game and the way it was called (or not called) vs a correct call.

Where do you draw the cut line for swallowing the whistle though?  2 seconds, 5 seconds? Up 1,2,3?  If players knew they could get away with anything that last 30 seconds it wouldn’t be good.  

Players did decide that game.  The player fouled and then the other player hit the FT for the foul.  

Now with all of that being said, I would be mad pissed if that’s how we lost an NCAA game.  That’s just part of being a fan.  

25 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Ohhh the John Bishop tears too…. So good.

"I'm restraining myself more than I thought capable of"

Kinda dramatic considering SDSU shot 6 FTs all game, and all the analysts were 50/50 on the call. The rest of his post was fine, just the first paragraph was over the top - you're hardly the first team to have an important 50/50 call go against you.

Edited by The Polish Rifle

14 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

you're hardly the first team to have an important 50/50 call go against you

He's probably just upset because the last time his teams had pivotal calls at the end of the game, one was called a foul with 1.2 seconds remaining in the game. The other time, Colt McCoy threw away the ball and the officials added a second back on the clock and Texas kicked the game winning field goal.

5 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

John Bishop remains the worst radio play by play guy I've ever heard do a high school game.  And still is the worst radio play by play guy I've ever heard do a college game.  At least he's consistent, his afternoon show is unlistenable as well.

Not a single thing here to disagree with - possibly tolerable for some (not me) as a talk show guy but absolutely insufferable in his current PbP role. 

Edited by demone

It occurred to me that hadn't C.U. lost to Nebraska 63-53 during their swoon after a hot start for the Bluejays, perhaps C.U. earns a 5-seed (and not a 6-seed) and maybe they're beating someone different to find that elusive spot in Houston for the Final Four. But, alas, Nebrasketball -- and Aguek Arop admirably held up his end of this deal -- stood in the way. It's a crying shame for that little Jesuit school in far eastern Omaha. Nothing ever goes their way, golly gee.

28 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I dunno, maybe don’t shoot 2/17 from the outside and like 0/11 in the second half. That’s all. I wanted CU to lose. I don’t give a crap about them, but I don’t want them making the final four and winning a Natty either. 

San Diego State is #3 in the nation for 3P% Defense (behind #1 Tennessee and #2 Houston; #4 Alabama).

It's no surprise Creighton struggled beyond the arc. Kalkbrenner was Creighton's leading scorer at 17 pts; their PG and SG combined for 15 pts.