Your National Champion Bluejays

Well, we’ve reached that point where it’s time to start thinking about the unthinkable. With all the number one seeds out & the bracket breaking especially favorably for said Bluejays, they have a very REAL chance of Winning the whole thing. Do I want to boast from now until forever that we beat the National Champs on THEIR home court? Or do I want to see their hopes dashed in a soul crushing blowout…??? I’m praying for the latter more than you can possibly know. Oh BTW I found an Alonzo Verge Warm-Up today @ Thrift World in Omaha, had his monogram on the Ol tagger. 

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Well, we’ve reached that point where it’s time to start thinking about the unthinkable. With all the number one seeds out & the bracket breaking especially favorably for said Bluejays, they have a very REAL chance of Winning the whole thing. Do I want to boast from now until forever that we beat the National Champs on THEIR home court? Or do I want to see their hopes dashed in a soul crushing blowout…??? I’m praying for the latter more than you can possibly know. Oh BTW I found an Alonzo Verge Warm-Up today @ Thrift World in Omaha, had his monogram on the Ol tagger. 

Silver lining - if they do win it there's a good chance most of their fans will be smothered in their sleep from the wieght of the increased smugness they will now carry with them. 

Edited by cornfed24-7

2 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Silver lining - if they do win it there's a good chance most of their fans will be smothered in their sleep from the wieght of the Increased smugness the will now carry with them. 

This is likely pretty accurate and I fear in this scenario that the football sellout streak would be in serious jeopardy.

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Burn it. 

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

This is the Lee Barfknect tripe we've come to expect from Superior, Nebraska. Way to go!  😉

9 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Can we all please stop hanging our hats on Winning “A” game in the Tournament? Obviously you can go from 0-60 like Florida Atlantic just did & make a Final Four run with the Right Team @ the Right Time…#GBR!!! 

You're right. We need to hang our hats on making the postseason first 🤣😂😅🥲😭

9 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Can we all please stop hanging our hats on Winning “A” game in the Tournament? Obviously you can go from 0-60 like Florida Atlantic just did & make a Final Four run with the Right Team @ the Right Time…#GBR!!! 

How would the FAU roster do if they were to play a 20 game Big Ten schedule?  They would win some games but they would also take a physical beating night in and night out, that would take a toll.  Their lineup tonight:

STARTERS

MIN
V. GoldinC
7'1"  240  So. 29
A. MartinG
6'2"  210  So. 29
J. DavisG
6'4"  203  So. 34
N. BoydG
6'3"  175  Fr. 21
B. GreenleeG
6'0"  191  Jr. 21
BENCH

MIN
G. RosadoF
6'8"  247  So. 12
B. WeatherspoonG
6'4"  186  Jr. 19
J. GaffneyG
6'3"  185  Jr. 18
M. ForrestG
6'1"  174  Sr. 17

I'm guessing anywhere from 6-14 (if Goldin gets injured while getting the hell beat out of him) to 11-9.  An 11 seed to an NIT team.  And when they do hit the tournament, they're not used to winning.

The 20 game Big Ten schedule is another hindrance towards tournament success; these teams play 21-23 games vs conferene opponents that they have incredible scouting reports on, then they play somebody new that plays a different style that they don't have a great scout on.

9 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

You say this again, and I'm going to rip the nuts out of your snickers bar.

Do NOT make me get violent with you.

THAT team is NOT going to win the national championship.

Don't even say it.

Edited by Norm Peterson

8 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

How would the FAU roster do if they were to play a 20 game Big Ten schedule?  They would win some games but they would also take a physical beating night in and night out, that would take a toll.  Their lineup tonight:

STARTERS

MIN
V. GoldinC
7'1"  240  So. 29
A. MartinG
6'2"  210  So. 29
J. DavisG
6'4"  203  So. 34
N. BoydG
6'3"  175  Fr. 21
B. GreenleeG
6'0"  191  Jr. 21
BENCH

MIN
G. RosadoF
6'8"  247  So. 12
B. WeatherspoonG
6'4"  186  Jr. 19
J. GaffneyG
6'3"  185  Jr. 18
M. ForrestG
6'1"  174  Sr. 17

I'm guessing anywhere from 6-14 (if Goldin gets injured while getting the hell beat out of him) to 11-9.  An 11 seed to an NIT team.  And when they do hit the tournament, they're not used to winning.

The 20 game Big Ten schedule is another hindrance towards tournament success; these teams play 21-23 games vs conferene opponents that they have incredible scouting reports on, then they play somebody new that plays a different style that they don't have a great scout on.

Have we heard what the new conference schedule might look like in a 16-team league?

Currently, there are 140 conference games that serve as "inventory" for the various networks.

Do they increase that to 160 by keeping the 20-game slate? Has that been released?

If they were to go back to an 18-game slate, that would be 144 "inventory" games for the networks and maybe a little break in the conference grind. Play everybody once, and then play three teams once more.

15 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

And getting back to the original thread premise, how many are eagerly awaiting that UConn-Creighton matchup for the finale? 

Nope. San Diego has been my home town for the last 12 years. And I have to believe that my hatred for Creighton is so strong it will propel those young men of SDSU to a win today. 

57 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Have we heard what the new conference schedule might look like in a 16-team league?

Currently, there are 140 conference games that serve as "inventory" for the various networks.

Do they increase that to 160 by keeping the 20-game slate? Has that been released?

If they were to go back to an 18-game slate, that would be 144 "inventory" games for the networks and maybe a little break in the conference grind. Play everybody once, and then play three teams once more.

My guess is they’ll leave it at 20.  Most conferences in basketball are moving towards more conference games and not less.