Your National Champion Bluejays

As I have posted before, I am a Nebraska fan that doesn’t despise Creighton.  I have no problem pulling for the Jays when they don’t play Nebraska.  In my mind, anything that brings attention to College Basketball in Nebraska is a good thing. My Kearney St roommate from Superior was a big Creighton fan and growing up I followed the careers of Red McManus, Paul Silas, Tom and Rick Apke, Gene Harmon, Eddie Sutton, and even Tony Barone when he had Bob Harstad and Chad Gallagher. !  I want Nebraska to have a tradition that has that kind of success. 

Edited by Cazzie22
Addition and spelling

I am a Husker fan first and I always will be. I always root for Nebraska in every sport and the basketball team is my favorite team of all. I love Nebraska basketball. I have been a diehard fan for over 40 years. Having said that. I still root for Creighton in every game they play except when they play Nebraska. I will admit that I did hate Grant Gibbs because he was just a douche. As far as Creighton fans, I am sure there many who suck real bad. I have met lots of people who suck and I am sure some were Creaighton fans, and some were Husker fans as well. The Creighton fans I know personally are just as gracious as I try to be, and most of them root for Nebraska Basketball except when they play Creighton.

I think overall Creighton has had a positive effect on the state of college hoops in Nebraska at all levels. I would love for the Huskers to reach the level of play and have the impact that Creighton has had for a long time. 

Go Big Red and go Bluejays (except when they play Nebraska). 

Edited by BigTate

18 hours ago, BigTate said:

I live in Omaha and I know lots of Creighton fans and not one of them hates Nebraska like you all seem to hate Creighton? 

I knew the dad of a kid from Lincoln who went to play for them (you can probably guess who that was.)

The hate was real. We're not imagining it.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:27 PM, AuroranHusker said:

"Creighton, Nebraska, sucks."

Proving punctuation matters. I read that quote (which I've altered, you'll see why...), of course, that the schmuck was disparaging the little community of Creighton, Nebraska. And, I thought, why was the only town "that matters" such a small place. Then I read the whole story, and realized that it was a 'small brain' within him making him say what he said. Oh boy, that took a wild turn... in my brain. 😅

My first wife is from Winnetoon and attended Creighton High.

On 3/30/2023 at 10:57 AM, Norm Peterson said:

I knew the dad of a kid from Lincoln who went to play for them (you can probably guess who that was.)

The hate was real. We're not imagining it.

Then there's the Stivrins Conundrum, in which the entire family supports and has attended UNL, including an all-American middle blocker. But Alex, the basketball player with whom I graduated from Lincoln East High School, did the double F-U to UNL by attending both CU and CU. Our Spartan reunions still bristle with tension.