Your National Champion Bluejays

4 hours ago, BigTate said:

I don't understand the Creighton Hate? I am a Husker fan first and always will be but I don't hate Creighton. They have had some great teams over the years and this was one of their best. I think they represent the state of Nebraska well and I hope that one day the Huskers will have the basketball cred that Creighton has. I do hate Iowa though.

I guess I don't understand why people ask Husker fans why they dislike Creighton.  It's a rivalry.  Yes, Creighton has been the better program in recent years, but it doesn't mean Husker fans have to like them and cheer for them just because they are from Nebraska and have had some success.  I mean if you look at other rivalries, not just in basketball, my guess is one fanbase doesn't cheer for the other just because they are in the same state or whatever.  I do hope we can find the success they've had some day though, but I will not be cheering for them.

I think we can all agree that we don't like Iowa too.  :)

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I’ve never really seen a KSU fan say “I don’t get the KU hate” or an Oklahoma fan say “I don’t get the OSU hate”.

Some teams, programs, schools, and fanbases just don’t like each other.

Back in the day when my family used to go to Kemper Arena for the bit 8 basketball tournament, we sat around a lot of KSU fans.  They were pretty cool to us and would buy us food.  I honestly have never had issues with KSU fans...until my recent encounter at my neighborhood bar in Lincoln with a KSU dick fan and his wife mrs dick fan.  Guy was pissed at me for being a Nebraska fan and for being a KU fan. Went over the incident in another post on the so won't go into it again other than saying I no longer have anything positive to say about KSU or their fans. 

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I’ve never really seen a KSU fan say “I don’t get the KU hate” or an Oklahoma fan say “I don’t get the OSU hate”.

Some teams, programs, schools, and fanbases just don’t like each other.

A better comparison might be Marquette and Wisconsin. But I can't speak to those dynamics.

12 hours ago, BigTate said:

I don't understand the Creighton Hate? I am a Husker fan first and always will be but I don't hate Creighton. They have had some great teams over the years and this was one of their best. I think they represent the state of Nebraska well and I hope that one day the Huskers will have the basketball cred that Creighton has. I do hate Iowa though.

‘You must not know a bunch of Jay fans. If it were not for their fans I would be able to stand Creighton

15 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

‘You must not know a bunch of Jay fans. If it were not for their fans I would be able to stand Creighton

I think where you are makes a big difference. The further west in Nebraska you get, the more its just some school in omaha that you don't really care about.

Edited by Crush78
Grammar

16 minutes ago, Crush78 said:

I think where you are makes a big difference. The further west in Nebraska you get, the more its just some school in omaha that you don't really care about.

Also a probably related note: To the Creighton people I know, there might as well be a black hole between Lincoln and Denver.

14 minutes ago, BigTate said:

I live in Omaha and I know lots of Creighton fans and not one of them hates Nebraska like you all seem to hate Creighton? 

You can root for Creighton if you want,  Everyone has to make that determination for themselves.  If you think it is good for us to lose Traudt to them, all power to you.  

48 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

The longer this thread lives on, the longer Creighton will remember how they fouled a shooter with 1.2 seconds remaining to not advance to the Final Four.

I’ve seen many Twitter threads by creighton fans explaining why in fact that wasn’t a foul or how you can’t call that foul there as if that makes any sense either. 

One of the best things I saw on Twitter was:

Work in an office full of Creighton Alums for 6 months. You’ll find out why within the first 30 days. 

This happened to me. 2 of them were former players.

I hated Creighton after 2.5 years. Disliked them before but grew to hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a cousin who attended Creighton, and he cheers for Nebraska in every sport, and is gracious during the basketball season. He's an exemplary Jaysker, as is his brother who graduated from UNK and now lives in Omaha and has CU season tickets. I get it. They don't hate the Huskers, they just root for Creighton. 

My first real encounter with an annoying Jaysker was at the 2016 football game in Lincoln versus Purdue. After the game, I'm discussing the coming basketball season with another cousin, a UNL grad.

Some d-bag in a red polo pipes in, uninvited, and says, "I root for the only team in the state that matters."

"Oh, yeah?" I ask, knowing the inevitable answer.

"Creighton. Nebraska sucks."

And there you have it.

F Crayton.

Edited by jayschool

15 minutes ago, jayschool said:

"Creighton, Nebraska, sucks."

And there you have it.

F Crayton.

Proving punctuation matters. I read that quote (which I've altered, you'll see why...), of course, that the schmuck was disparaging the little community of Creighton, Nebraska. And, I thought, why was the only town "that matters" such a small place. Then I read the whole story, and realized that it was a 'small brain' within him making him say what he said. Oh boy, that took a wild turn... in my brain. 😅

My indifference to Creighton went to intense disdain when I went to UNL.  The fraternity I was in also had a Creighton chapter. We were Nebraska Alpha, they weren't. What a bunch of arrogant douches. But that didn't send me over the edge.

I know I've shared this story before, but it's worth repeating.  It was either spring of 81 or 82.  NU was playing Creighton in baseball at Rosenblatt.  Maybe 5 or 6 thousand fans. Big turnout for those days.  Turner Gill made a hard slide into 2nd base and didn't get up.  The Creighton students stood up and cheered the fact he was hurt.  He got up and we beat those pricks.

As jayschool so eloquently put it, F Crayton.