Your National Champion Bluejays

9 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

San Diego State is #3 in the nation for 3P% Defense (behind #1 Tennessee and #2 Houston; #4 Alabama).

It's no surprise Creighton struggled beyond the arc. Kalkbrenner was Creighton's leading scorer at 17 pts; their PG and SG combined for 15 pts.

They did the exact same thing to Alabama.  It’s not as simple as “if team X” just shot better.  San Diego State’s game is making the game a rock fight in the mud.  I’m told the guy I was watching with that SDSU wants a 60-58 game.  

They were able to make the game the way they wanted/needed it.  A lot of that was insane levels of effort and scrappiness.  That’s been their culture for a long time.  Honestly, Nebraska with Gary and Bando was that kind of team.

13 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

^Not really sure how much you can complain when this screen shot is out there. Obvious grab while the shot is in motion.   

Creighton players have been schooled on how to grab and pull in ways that aren't easy to see. They had to go to the video to nail Kalkbrenner for a Flagrant 1. But, watching the replays, you saw them doing stuff like this all game long.

15 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I made a point of listening to “Rosie Did You Knowsie” this morning on KFAB & Jim did NOT disappoint. After the obligatory bellyaching over the Officiating he played his Ace card comparing yesterday’s Creighton loss to the ‘84 Orange Bowl 31-30 Miami over Nebraska in Football. 

Not for me it isnt

16 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I just think about how they cheered when Tim Miles got ejected in our last NCAA tourney appearance and I'm just happy they lost in the way they lost. Ef them. It was the right call.

Not to mention what a bunch of dumbshits.  Having your little kid syndrome outweigh your ability to understand that you are much better off playing Nebraska in San Antonio than a very good and possibly underseeded Baylor team.  

41 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I made a point of listening to “Rosie Did You Knowsie” this morning on KFAB & Jim did NOT disappoint. After the obligatory bellyaching over the Officiating he played his Ace card comparing yesterday’s Creighton loss to the ‘84 Orange Bowl 31-30 Miami over Nebraska in Football. 

I guess they are comparable; one was one of the worst moments of my life, while the other one was one of the best.

46 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I guess they are comparable; one was one of the worst moments of my life, while the other one was one of the best.

I guess I forgot the part where Creighton was ranked number one ALL year, considered maybe the greatest team of All-Time with a Heisman Winner & some even opining they could play in the NFL. I was kicked off a “Ghosts of the Orange Bowl” page for suggesting Osborne could’ve kicked the PAT, won the Title & ended Hurricane Football before it even started. 

With all the talk about how the foul should not be called at the end of the game if it wasn't earlier, they have changed the end of the game now where everything is looked at closer.  You have replays at the end of the game, why not all game?  To me the ref just reacted to what he thought from his angle, was a foul without thought of the situation.  It happens.

Another issue though was when they ruled the clock did not start on time, couldn't they go back and find another point in the game when the clock started to early and go off that?  Replay really opens a can of worms.

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Replay really opens a can of worms.

Which is why you have to have rules and stipulations… Ex just using it during the last two minutes.

Theres no way that you can use replay for an entire game.  My only thought would be… maybe adding in coaches challenges?  One per half PLUS one extra if you are right on the first call.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Theres no way that you can use replay for an entire game.  My only thought would be… maybe adding in coaches challenges?  One per half PLUS one extra if you are right on the first call.

Please no to this!  Creighton didn't lose the game on that call, which I had no problem with.  They had 10 turnovers to 9 assists and shot 2-17 from three and missed a ton of open looks.  That's why they lost.

I am a hard no on coaches challenges in basketball.  I don't mind the human element and everything will look like a foul in slow motion as opposed to real time.  End of games are already long enough with constant clock reviews as well!

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

7 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Rose has a master's degree in hyperbole.  He doesn't have to be accurate, just inflammatory.  Preparation H would help...

He and Sadlemeyer were talking earlier in the program how they couldn't comprehend how Husker fans didn't want Creighton to win yesterday.  That's when, after muttering F Creighton, I asked them the question which they couldn't hear, do you two clowns understand all the dirty shit Creighton fans have done to Nebraska these past forty years? Rose actually speculated it's a small minority of Husker fans who hate Creighton.  Maybe 20 per cent at most.  I think Jim has been running with the Omaha elites for too long.

So Handy, I switched to a podcast and missed the Rosie did you knowsie.  I do that most mornings, now.

40 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Rose actually speculated it's a small minority of Husker fans who hate Creighton.

He might be right on this if he's talking about ALL Husker fans. If he's just talking about Husker basketball fans then I'd venture it's much closer to a 100% than 99% that hate them 😁

33 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

He might be right on this if he's talking about ALL Husker fans. If he's just talking about Husker basketball fans then I'd venture it's much closer to a 100% than 99% that hate them 😁

I think you're spot on talking Husker Basketball fans. If you talk about the rest of the fanbase that doesn't follow Husker basketball, when you remove the Creighton fans that are huge Husker football fans, I'd say it's 90 percent Husker fans are indifferent at best to Creighton athletics.  Creighton isn't a Nebraska school. Never has been. Never will be.  That's why Traudt waited till today to enter the portal.  He and Scheierman are both coming to UNL!  😉

Edited by cipsucks

14 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Please no to this!  Creighton didn't lose the game on that call, which I had no problem with.  They had 10 turnovers to 9 assists and shot 2-17 from three and missed a ton of open looks.  That's why they lost.

I am a hard no on coaches challenges in basketball.  I don't mind the human element and everything will look like a foul in slow motion as opposed to real time.  End of games are already long enough with constant clock reviews as well!

Oh I agree if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  But we’re talking about the NCAA here.

I don't understand the Creighton Hate? I am a Husker fan first and always will be but I don't hate Creighton. They have had some great teams over the years and this was one of their best. I think they represent the state of Nebraska well and I hope that one day the Huskers will have the basketball cred that Creighton has. I do hate Iowa though.

12 minutes ago, BigTate said:

I don't understand the Creighton Hate? I am a Husker fan first and always will be but I don't hate Creighton. They have had some great teams over the years and this was one of their best. I think they represent the state of Nebraska well and I hope that one day the Huskers will have the basketball cred that Creighton has. I do hate Iowa though.

Well, we didn't raise you right if you don't hate Creighton  :)

17 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

With all the talk about how the foul should not be called at the end of the game if it wasn't earlier, they have changed the end of the game now where everything is looked at closer.  You have replays at the end of the game, why not all game?  To me the ref just reacted to what he thought from his angle, was a foul without thought of the situation.  It happens.

Another issue though was when they ruled the clock did not start on time, couldn't they go back and find another point in the game when the clock started to early and go off that?  Replay really opens a can of worms.

If we had replay's the entire game, games would be 4 hours long.  I understand your point as I always find it funny that something can happen at 2:01 left in the game and they can't review it but it if happens 2 seconds later, they can review it.

Hate Creighton.  Will never cheer for them just because they are from Nebraska.  So happy they lost.

However, respect is due here for Mac.  Didn’t blame the loss on anything really. “Missed some shots, that’s basketball” he said.  So many things happen throughout a game that changes the outcome.  One single play, call, etc never “decides” a game completely.  Respect him not blaming the loss and focusing on what THEY can control.  

20 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Hate Creighton.  Will never cheer for them just because they are from Nebraska.  So happy they lost.

However, respect is due here for Mac.  Didn’t blame the loss on anything really. “Missed some shots, that’s basketball” he said.  So many things happen throughout a game that changes the outcome.  One single play, call, etc never “decides” a game completely.  Respect him not blaming the loss and focusing on what THEY can control.  

I think what he was trying to say here was they all needed to stay on the same plantation.

35 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Can certainly dislike the program but respect the Coach.  Mac is a very good coach and it's no surprise that he's established a consistent winner that recruits gravitate towards.  

Hopefully we are finally on that same track as well!

3 hours ago, kldm64 said:

If we had replay's the entire game, games would be 4 hours long.  I understand your point as I always find it funny that something can happen at 2:01 left in the game and they can't review it but it if happens 2 seconds later, they can review it.

I'm not advocating replays for the whole game.  I think they need to go to a limited replays called by a coach in a time out, like the NFL.  A replay should not last longer than 30 seconds.  If it is that close, go with the original call. Replays should just catch the obvious missed calls.

3 hours ago, BigTate said:

For me it is the fans.  Many of them that aren’t Jayskers are just so pompous.  Then for the tins of Jayskers(not all) that hate Nebraska basketball and root against us while being Husker football fans and volleyball.  You can like Creighton and root for Huskers also. But so many of these kind will be back to red in hoops if and when the programs directions flip.  

Then there is also the fact that we are in many recruiting battles with them. Battles that so many Husker football and volleyball fans are actively hoping we lose.  

Admittedly it was a little harder this year to hate them with Scheierman being an Aurora kid I have communicated with a little over the years and being a huge fan of Nembhard’s brother being a die hard Pacer fan.  Hopefully, they are gone soon so normalcy can ensue.