Your National Champion Bluejays

50 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Seems to me that playing USC and UCLA will make the regular season more interesting for fans and even more difficult for us to get to postseason play. This also applies to football.

Can’t wait for that first Husker B1G Conference game at Pauley Pavilion, but it’s about time we started making it more difficult for THEM to face us, instead of being the whipping boy in Men’s Sports…

I am slowly coming to grips with the idea that the team from up northeast is going to the Final Four and has a legit shot at the National Championship. It makes me physically ill to admit it and how I will react should it actually happen is anyone's guess. But, it is definitely possible.

I have a continual fight going on inside me with Nebraska basketball. On one hand and my overriding desire: I want a program. I want a consistent top 25 program, year in and year out, which requires patience and a builder's mentality.

On the other hand, I see an FAU, K State, etc. that make these amazing 1-year runs and can't fathom how much fun that would be.

My question - if you don't already have a consistent program in place, is it even possible to build one in today's free agent world? My guess is no. 

Edited by demone

20 minutes ago, demone said:

My question - if you don't already have a consistent program in place, is it even possible to build one in today's free agent world? My guess is no. 

Why not? You don't need to recruit an entire basketball program. Get A couple game changer players via NIL commitments and you have a shot. Is it sustainable? I'd have to refer to the AD experts for ROI.

15 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

See now I go the other way on this thought. 

Same here.  All you have to do is look at Creighton.  The majority of their kids are typical recruits.  Each year they add a handful of transfers that fill a need they have on their roster.  Baylor is their only high impact transfer and Farabello is a role player that doesn’t add much at all to their offense.  Their transfers fit into their team concept so it works.

When I look at our roster, we have some good pieces and it seems like our kids really buy into what the current staff wants to do.  If we can secure a big and a point guard that are good fits, we could have a pretty darn good year.  Especially if the OOC is more reasonable. 

2 hours ago, busticket said:

Same here.  All you have to do is look at Creighton.  The majority of their kids are typical recruits.  Each year they add a handful of transfers that fill a need they have on their roster.  Baylor is their only high impact transfer and Farabello is a role player that doesn’t add much at all to their offense.  Their transfers fit into their team concept so it works.

When I look at our roster, we have some good pieces and it seems like our kids really buy into what the current staff wants to do.  If we can secure a big and a point guard that are good fits, we could have a pretty darn good year.  Especially if the OOC is more reasonable. 

I agree - however, Creighton was already a consistent winning program before free agency. Culture established, style of play established, expectations established, etc.

Can it be done? Anything is possible, but I submit the odds are not great. While a 1-year flash would be fun and amazing and I would cheer them on regardless, I define a successful program by years of consistently winning.