Keisei watch

uneblinstu

9 hours ago, HB said:

It’s just a workout.  Nothing to worry about. 

Yeah I would imagine he got this workout with the Pacers at least in part as a favor to (former Pacer) Fred.  Not too worried, but if Keisei could manage to parlay it into a legit shot at earning a NBA roster spot man I'm all for it.  The more dudes we get into the league the better for the program for sure.

Im happy for KT.  This is his dream and many… even on here said it was a pipe dream at best.  Sure, it’s not clear cut 100% but the dude is earning pre-draft workouts with NBA teams and capitalizing on those workouts.

Will he make it to the NBA?  Time will tell, but the law of averages says probably not.  Has he already made it further than 95% of young aspiring basketball players?  Yes.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Yeah, if we don't have guys that are pursuing their NBA dreams to the absolute limit, then really, do we want them in the first place?  This is the Big Ten...we need everyone to have aspirations of going pro otherwise what are we doing?

I dunno…I think you need some guys who have those hopes.  And more so that ability/talent. You also need team guys who are happy being role players.  There’s only one ball.  

You still want your role players to be dogs who are absolute competitors, though.

19 minutes ago, busticket said:

I dunno…I think you need some guys who have those hopes.  And more so that ability/talent. You also need team guys who are happy being role players.  There’s only one ball.  

You still want your role players to be dogs who are absolute competitors, though.

There are role players in the NBA too 😉

40 minutes ago, busticket said:

Like @cornfed24-7 says, I think you can have players who are both.  I mean Keisei is a pretty decent example.  He's simultaneously a guy with unabashed NBA aspirations, but he's also a big time culture guy/team player.