Keisei watch

uneblinstu

3 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Sak Henry concurs.

That's the correct Sadler-pronunciation 

Edit: I just had to add this.... I used to go to Doc's practices all the time when I was at UNL. I don't think I have ever seen a specific player get targeted as much as Sek Henry was. Maybe Toney McCray. But it was daily, non-stop, just after him constantly. Talk about a different time/era. No way a kid would put up with that these days, they'd transfer one week in. 

Edited by basketballjones

5 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Edit: I just had to add this.... I used to go to Doc's practices all the time when I was at UNL. I don't think I have ever seen a specific player get targeted as much as Sek Henry was. Maybe Toney McCray. But it was daily, non-stop, just after him constantly. Talk about a different time/era. No way a kid would put up with that these days, they'd transfer one week in. 

Went to one practice back in the day and Mike Smith was his target that day.  It was kind of funny and I think the players back then just realized that's the way it would be.  The only way Bobby Knight could have kept a team.

39 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Idk...he was really tough on Jason Dourisseau as well.  He had him crying one day.  Doc was begging him to quit.  To Jason's credit, he worked through it.

Danny Nee would go postal on D Owen's as well.  He would make him stand on the sideline holding  weights straight out.  Sort of Full Metal Jacket punishment. 

15 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Idk...he was really tough on Jason Dourisseau as well.  He had him crying one day.  Doc was begging him to quit.  To Jason's credit, he worked through it.

Danny Nee would go postal on D Owen's as well.  He would make him stand on the sideline holding  weights straight out.  Sort of Full Metal Jacket punishment. 

I hate to be "that guy" who points out everybody's mis-recollections, but - Dourisseau's last year was Collier's final season, so he had graduated before Sadler took over.

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I hate to be "that guy" who points out everybody's mis-recollections, but - Dourisseau's last year was Collier's final season, so he had graduated before Sadler took over.

Hmm, well heck, he was yelling at some freshman.  Now I have no clue who it was.  Crap.

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Oh yeah...Ryan Anderson...

"We all know I can get crazy sometimes,” Sadler said. “But I can promise all of (the newcomers) there’s not anybody that had the direct wrath that Ryan and Sek had as freshmen.”

11 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Oh yeah...Ryan Anderson...

"We all know I can get crazy sometimes,” Sadler said. “But I can promise all of (the newcomers) there’s not anybody that had the direct wrath that Ryan and Sek had as freshmen.”

Had em both on my summer league team and they both had a lot of love for Doc.  

Sek was an elite defender and is still meandering around pro leagues and Ryan led the B12 in 3pt % his senior year and greatly improved his athleticism/ball skills over four years.  Both guys were able to scrape together a living hooping for a pretty long time after graduating.  Says a lot about the toughness Doc instilled and their willingness to endure it. 

18 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Went to one practice back in the day and Mike Smith was his target that day.  It was kind of funny and I think the players back then just realized that's the way it would be.  The only way Bobby Knight could have kept a team.

Ahhhh.... Mike Smith.... The inciting incident for my "Nebraska Basketball will take any player to avoid taking an instate basketball player." 

1 hour ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Dude has a chance to become a LEGEND! Never thought it would be a skinny kid from Japan that would take us to the promised land, but here we are. 

They’ll sing songs about him around the campfires 🔥 from Lake Minatare to Yankton if he can get us to the Sweet Sixteen. 

I caught a little blip on local sports this morning ( from Fred last night ).  In addition to the bulked up comment, our staff is doing everything they can to help him with NBA evaluations. Also, said he will join his national team in June.

• 2 weeks later...