Keisei watch

uneblinstu

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

I thought he was a quasi-celebrity in Japan... why is playing there no longer being considered, I wonder.

He can go make $500k+ in Japan right now, but he wants to play in the NBA. His best chance to get a shot at that is to put together a full college basketball season playing at the same level he did the last 1/3 of last season.

The first comment says (according to Google Translate):

“I think he has a lot of potential, but if he stays at the university, he should be thoroughly marked from the beginning of the next term. Under such circumstances, if he can stably perform as close to the end of the season as possible, he will be evaluated as an unquestionable ability, and we can expect more success in the NBA.
For now, you should become the number one college player in the United States. It's not too late for the NBA.”

54 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

The first comment says (according to Google Translate):

“I think he has a lot of potential, but if he stays at the university, he should be thoroughly marked from the beginning of the next term. Under such circumstances, if he can stably perform as close to the end of the season as possible, he will be evaluated as an unquestionable ability, and we can expect more success in the NBA.
For now, you should become the number one college player in the United States. It's not too late for the NBA.”

I mean who could have said it better... 

2 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

I thought he was a quasi-celebrity in Japan... why is playing there no longer being considered, I wonder.

He is— that option will always be there though.  He could totally flop this next year and he’ll still have that option.  However, if he is even remotely close to what he did at the end of this year over a full season, he’ll get a few looks.

NBA is the dream.  Playing in Japan will always be there.

58 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Curious when we'll start to hear about some standings or evaluations. I suppose we have until the latter half of June, but I'm just looking at how many openings we have and what actions the staff is taking in the interim.

Based on pure speculation I’d assume the Roster additions (upgrades) would make Keisa MORE likely to consider a return than not…

47 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

25 years old makes him eligible for the NBA Seniors draft.  Doesn't mean he won't play in the NBA....

I'd be shocked if Walker were to make the NBA. Now, I'm not saying he doesn't have ability, I happen to think he'd be more of a candidate for overseas professional hoops, in my opinion...