2024 G Nick Janowski is N

1 hour ago, 49r said:

So reading up on r/Collegebasketball about this kid it seems like Wisco and Marquette didn't really pursue him (red flag) and I don't know much about his other offers other than Iowa State had a non-committable offer out.  Again, strange for a supposed 4 star from the area.

He just seems like the prototypical Badger.  So much so, in fact, that I just expected him to even just walk on if there was no offer pending.

I still would say it's only probably 50-50 the kid even makes it to campus.  2024 is a long time from now.  So, I guess I'm not really gonna get to excited.  But hey, I like it and it would be pretty friggin awesome if he actually comes here and is productive.

Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes. Not sure how Reddit guy knows the Iowa State offer was non-committable, but they just hosted him on an official visit so that doesn’t seem accurate. 
Wisconsin actually does a pretty poor job of recruiting their own state. They probably give good effort, but talented kids don’t want to go play in that offense. Their own players don’t even really want to (Chucky). 

It appears that he has never visited Wisconsin. Maybe he just hates the Badgers as much as we do. I’m gonna go with that, because that makes me like him even more. 

2 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

What the heck is a noncommitable offer?  Sounds like an oxymoron to me. An offer by definition is something that can be accepted or rejected. If it can’t be accepted then by definition it’s not an offer. 

I suppose it’s like asking a girl out on a date, but letting her know you are only taking her out of a different girl you prefer turns you down.  It has to be quite flattering.

29 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

This kid can ball.  He is an elite one on one scorer and shooter and needs basically no room to fill it up.  Probably won’t be a great defender, but he’ll outscore most of his matchups from day 1.  

The American Tominaga?  Doesn’t really have a ring to it….

I am thrilled (shocked?) how well the last week of recruiting has been going.  I hope we can keep the momentum rolling into next season.  

1 minute ago, busticket said:

The American Tominaga?  Doesn’t really have a ring to it….

I am thrilled (shocked?) how well the last week of recruiting has been going.  I hope we can keep the momentum rolling into next season.  

They are very similar.  Keisei is a little quicker, but this kid is a lot bigger, a better ball handler, and has a scary midrange post game to go along with a similar outside shot.  

4 hours ago, 49r said:

So reading up on r/Collegebasketball about this kid it seems like Wisco and Marquette didn't really pursue him (red flag) and I don't know much about his other offers other than Iowa State had a non-committable offer out.  Again, strange for a supposed 4 star from the area.

He just seems like the prototypical Badger.  So much so, in fact, that I just expected him to even just walk on if there was no offer pending.

I still would say it's only probably 50-50 the kid even makes it to campus.  2024 is a long time from now.  So, I guess I'm not really gonna get to excited.  But hey, I like it and it would be pretty friggin awesome if he actually comes here and is productive.

Not following they both offered him and were actually recruiting him still? Wisco fans are pissed he didn’t have interest in them

7 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Not following they both offered him and were actually recruiting him still? Wisco fans are pissed he didn’t have interest in them

There’s also a long list of talented present and former players from the state that, unlike Janowski, the Badgers didn’t offer. Tyrese Haliburton and Jordan Poole are a couple examples. There’s an even longer list of NBA players from the state that were offered but never considered going there. 

On 4/14/2023 at 5:51 PM, 49r said:

I don't know if Wisconsin and Marquette didn't pursue him, moreso that Wisconsin has a guy higher on their board (Knueppel https://247sports.com/player/kon-knueppel-46115296/). Also, Gard has NOT done well in the state of Wisconsin for a while. Davis twins were the last two hat Gard landed from the state. He does do well when Wisconsin kids transfer, and he CLEANS UP in Minnesota. But I view this as more of a Gard connection with the HS's locally more than anything. I had the same thought as you at first, but did some research and found all that out. Found it very interesting honestly. 

Here's a screengrab of Wisconsin's in state efforts also: https://twitter.com/itsAntWright/status/1645912694996754438?s=20

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/38456601/no-22-recruit-kon-knueppel-commits-duke-basketball

This is great. Badger fans claimed they passed on Janowski because they were going to take Knueppel instead. Just another example of the best players in the state of Wisconsin not wanting to play for Wisconsin. Happens every year. 

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/38456601/no-22-recruit-kon-knueppel-commits-duke-basketball

This is great. Badger fans claimed they passed on Janowski because they were going to take Knueppel instead. Just another example of the best players in the state of Wisconsin not wanting to play for Wisconsin. Happens every year. 

Unfortunately, we sort of have the same issue at Nebraska.  Sad, but true.  

Respectfully submitted,

Kettle

• 2 weeks later...