23-24 Roster (updated)

10 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

We seem to have depth, experience and hopefully some defensive hustle.

My main concern is still scoring… well more shooting.

Size is a slight concern as well but from the film of Mast it seems like he plays bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Career 3pt%:

Hoiberg 41%

Williams 40%

Keisei 37%

Lawrence 37%

Wilcher 36%

Mast 33%

Ulis 31%

We likely aren't going to lead the conference in 3pt efficiency, but we do have enough capable shooters to spread the floor.  I don't anticipate this year's team playing the brand of Hoiball that we are accustomed to.  It's going to look different, and that's OK. 

2 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

7 players in that "junior" class. I know class distribution doesn't mean much anymore, but seems like Fred is going all in these next two seasons, tourney or bust. 

With the transfer portal it's possible to have 8 upperclassmen every year

At the risk of jinxing things (with May 11's portal deadline still a week away), here's a good thing for the Huskers about this year's portal season:

Nebraska has yet to lose a major returning player to the portal. 

Other teams haven't been so lucky with disgruntled players.

I’m guessing Allick will spend a healthy amount of time at the 4 and 5 next season and get his minutes that way.  He and Gary on the court at the same time would give us some crazy athleticism.  I could see Mast/Gary/Allick all getting about the same minutes if Allick is running back and forth wherever we need him.  

Gary has a knack for very clutch hustle plays and won us a couple of games with them last season.  Regardless, Allick and Mast are seriously great additions.  

Now up to No. 2. Just to clarify what these rankings mean:

On3's Team Transfer Portal Index utilizes the On3 (P)erformance score to measure a team’s production during the transfer process, compared relative against its roster and not a comparison against other schools. This proprietary algorithm determines if a school has improved its overall team talent, stayed the same, or declined in talent during the transfer window.

It doesn't mean we have the second best transfer class, it means we have the second most improvement via the portal. We replaced low-rated players with higher-rated ones. West Virginia is behind us On3s, but has picked up 2 of CBS' top 10 transfers. However, they're replacing guys off an NCAA tournament roster.

13 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

Breidenbach in the portal? That would suck but can understand as the minutes might be scarce.

That's what they're saying.  Too bad, too.  I was still holding out hope for a breakout season from him.

Best of luck to Wilhelm though!  

On 5/3/2023 at 10:00 AM, millerhusker said:

7 players in that "junior" class. I know class distribution doesn't mean much anymore, but seems like Fred is going all in these next two seasons, tourney or bust. 

I think this will be the group that determines how long Fred will be coaching here. He's got the pieces that seem to fit for the league so now he needs to coach them up.