Nicholls (11-10) vs. Nebraska (11-5-1) Series Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Really disappointing start for Garza - he'd been so good lately, but didn't have it today. Could be that Nicholls saw him a few times in the past since they're in the same conference as IWU, but I was expecting him to have a strong start today. 

Should be interesting to see if the coaches decide to go with Brockett or Garza as the Sunday guy with conference play starting. I'd almost like to see Garza on Sundays and Brockett move to the closer role; maybe let Brockett start mid-week, throw a few innings, and then use him in the closer role on the weekend.

Brockett is not your typical closer, but we have to have someone more consistent there. They'll probably stick with Shay, though.

No time left to figure it out, so coaches will just have to roll the dice for now.

We left so many guys in scoring position - I think 8 in the final 5 innings alone. But, like Tuesday, it was awful pitching again that cost us this game. 

Bad week - we can't afford many 2-2 weeks, especially considering the caliber of competition we faced.

Big week coming up.

Edited by throwback

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Nicholls (11-10) vs. Nebraska (11-5-1) Series Game Thread