Transfer Portal 2023

2 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

What was the deal with Sallis again? He was likely to come here under Miles but Hoiberg didn't really recruit him because he was virtually gone at that point right?

No that was Chucky. Hunter always had his sights on a big time program and wanted to leave the state.

Depends what he wants to do now. He might want to go somewhere that would offer a bigger offensive role but who knows

Edited by Art Vandalay

33 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

What's the reasoning?

I think that was the case coming out of HS for sure but not sure it is or isn’t anymore. His mom left the state to go play ball in CA I think (can’t remember for sure). Think she really wanted him to do the same at a big time program and she moved out there with him when he went to Gonzaga.

12 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Hope I’m wrong but don’t get your hopes up. I’ve heard his family does not want him in state.

At this point, he's just one of a thousand kids in the portal AFAIC. My hopes aren't up b/c I don't care about him and think we can get other kids who would be just as good for us or even better.

Dickinson would be a good fit here. Also, Gradey Dick now leaving for an NBA shot, illustrating why no one can predict what these kids are thinking with all the family and extraneous influences on their decisions and immediate financial opportunities which are available now. Improving their basketball skills seems to almost be an afterthought.

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

It's just not funny anymore when April Fool's is 365 days a year now.

Anyone remember my great April fools joke a few years ago? Like maybe 10 years ago? I had people really going. I think it was like news of a transfer, either in or out. Hopefully someone has a better memory than me.

I always liked a *good* April fools joke. 

14 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Dickinson would be a good fit here. Also, Gradey Dick now leaving for an NBA shot, illustrating why no one can predict what these kids are thinking with all the family and extraneous influences on their decisions and immediate financial opportunities which are available now. Improving their basketball skills seems to almost be an afterthought.

Wouldn't be surprised if KU gets him