Transfer Portal 2023

52 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I haven't looked at the data to support, but I've had an intuition for awhile during COVID that between less stringent transfer rules, extra COVID years, and NIL, we've seen quite an interesting phenomenon of schools quickly building their rosters which has helped to provide some parity across the NCAA, whether mid-majors or P5.

I'm curious to see if some of that parity will start to regress as these restrictions become tighter.

This is exactly why I think we should make the 5 year thing permanent.

28 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Hope we see some action soon. Seems like we have reached out to 200 kids and had 1 visit. Maybe it’s still  early for visits? 

I agree.  A lot of interest in kids, but not many visits are happening that I'm aware of.  I think it might be a little early, so hopefully in the next few weeks things pick up.

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

IDK-- I've seen quite a few commitments announced already it seems like.

3 minutes ago, HuskerMB said:

I agree.  A lot of interest in kids, but not many visits are happening that I'm aware of.  I think it might be a little early, so hopefully in the next few weeks things pick up.

Seeing the other commits makes me antsy. At the same time good players are entering every day. The next two weeks are probably “crunch time” 

We could very well have had more visitors who just didn't announce on social media they're visiting. Washut didn't know Kriisa was visiting until he was in Lincoln and made an Instagram post about it. Shoot, I remember Derrick Walker committing to Nebraska while on a visit before anyone even knew we were recruiting him. 

Does anyone with Twitter want to do a little research and see if Jonathan Beagle is still only following Husker coaches?

On 3/30/2023 at 8:12 AM, HuskerFever said:

As long as it's nothing as absurd as this:

Nick Saban told Carter Nelson that he wasn't going to bad mouth any other schools.

Then Nick Saban went on to tell him that Joe Burrow wanted to go to Nebraska (geez, who knew) and if he had he wouldn't even be in the NFL right now.

Just saying, Nick Saban's words aren't gospel truths.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

When you see someone on here get an offer from us along with an offer from 20 other people and we don't have a previous relationship that 99% means that guy isn't coming here.

Indeed, as in the Matt A. Days, we don't have enough openings to take more than maybe 1% of the offers.  I'd hate to be 'full-up' when a good candidate with mutual interest showed up.  Who knew how formidable Bando &  Gary proved to be.