Transfer Portal 2023

A player with lots of assists can't be all bad--and then there are other positive things too.

Check this out from his official bio on Arizona's website:

2021-22 (Sophomore Season)
. . . he went for a career-high 21 points (7-10 3FG), 10 rebounds and 10 assists at Utah (2/24) …

in the first half of the game at Utah, he was 7 of 7 from the 3-point line, capped off by making a half-court shot as the halftime buzzer went off …

ranked second in the Pac-12 in assists per game (4.7) …

ranked third in the Pac-12 in 3FG made per game (2.42) …

ranked fourth in the Pac-12 in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.15) …

his 155 assists helped Arizona set a new team single-season record for assists (726) …

made 80 3FG on the year, the ninth-most in a season in Arizona history …

played in 33 games, making 31 starts …

averaged 9.7 points, 4.7 assists and 2.5 rebounds …

scored in double figures 15 times …

was 24 of 26 from the free throw line in Pac-12 play.

He also shot .336 from the three point line that season.

Edited by Swan88

35 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Good pair for Keisei?

Perhaps. As long as he plays defense.

One thing I never like from a lead guard is one who shoots low to mid 30’s from the field. BUT, he is not high volume. Improve his shot selection and should be ok there. 

One thing I really like is a point guard who comes from a winning program. He has started 70 games for one of the best programs in the country. 

Edited by millerhusker

Certainly different then Sam.  Sam was a driver and slasher and not a strong three point threat.  He didn't look for his shot and seemed to always score more than you thought when you looked at the stats.  

This dude looks like more of a perimeter threat, but is also a distributor. 

My two hopes/wants is a PG who can defend and a PG that moves the ball around.  Hero ball does not work here.

Gotta trust the coaching staff...I'm pretty sure they know what will work for the team.

Edited by Huskerpapa

CBS ranks him No. 2 of current transfers:

2. Kerr Kriisa

Old school: Arizona

Kriisa started at point guard for the past two seasons at Arizona as the Wildcats became an offensive juggernaut under coach Tommy Lloyd. His strengths are 3-point shooting and facilitating as he made 36.6% of his 3-pointers and dished out 5.1 assists for the Pac-12 Tournament champions in 2022-23. Aside from his perimeter shooting, Kriisa is limited offensively, and he's not a plus defender. But in total, he's a proven, veteran point guard whose experience and fearlessness will be highly sought in the portal.

On the other hand, Bart Torvik lists him as No. 70. His turnovers (2.6 pg), defense and 2 pt percentage aren't great.

One positive for us: Estonians generally aren't turned off by our weather. 😀

6 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I feel like that myth is dead now. Aside from the antics a lot of them display with complaining, most are the toughest SOBs. 

Kerr is a wild card. Great passer and serviceable shooter, but defense is suspect and can get very emotional (which can be a good and bad thing). I'd prefer a little more poise at PG, but I think it'd be a good get.