Transfer Portal 2023

9 minutes ago, MichHusker said:

On HuskerOnline the only name Robin mentioned in relation to the transfer portal that might be beyond intitial calls/zooms is Paxson Wojcik from Brown. About 15, 7, and 3 and 38% from 3

Good player.   Very similar to Keisei with a 6’4” frame and also a lefty.  That would be a potentially scary duo.  

57 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

This is a big one:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35912072/wyoming-star-big-man-graham-ike-enters-transfer-portal

Missed the year with an injury, 2 years of eligibility remaining.

This guys a bucket in the low block, has the ability to take guys off the dribble from further out and is a respectable FT shooter.  Would be a great get and our starting 5 next year if we were to land him IMO

16 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Only thing worth discussing for next few months.

I may have mentioned this before, but in my mind awhile back, I mulled over this starting rotation for next season:

PG Chucky Hepburn

SG Jamarques Lawrence

SG John Tonje

PF Isaac Traudt

PF Grant Nelson

It's interesting how each of the guys who would need to transfer in are either in the portal or are credibly rumored to be considering it. Maybe the stars can align.

Edited by Norm Peterson

22 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

8 guys transferring out of Wyoming. Brutal year for Jeff Linder.

Amazing how fast things can change.  A year ago he was on top of the world.  Instructive on not getting too high or low in this world.

8 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I may have mentioned this before, but in my mind awhile back, I mulled over this starting rotation for next season:

PG Chucky Hepburn

SG Jamarques Lawrence

SG John Tonje

PF Isaac Traudt

PF Grant Nelson

It's interesting how each of the guys who would need to transfer in are either in the portal or are credibly rumored to be considering it. Maybe the stars can align.

Tominaga is the first guy off the bench?

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

PG Chucky Hepburn

SG Jamarques Lawrence

SG John Tonje

PF Isaac Traudt

PF Grant Nelson

Final Four. 

Ha - but for real, that line-up better hit a lot of shots because they're not getting a rebound or stopping much. Too small and thin. Not sure Traudt/Nelson are dudes who should be on the court at the same time, kind of the same player, swing/euro 4/5's. You'd need a banger to play with one of them in my opinion. 

Just now, basketballjones said:

Final Four. 

Ha - but for real, that line-up better hit a lot of shots because they're not getting a rebound or stopping much. Too small and thin. Not sure Traudt/Nelson are dudes who should be on the court at the same time, kind of the same player, swing/euro 4/5's. You'd need a banger to play with one of them in my opinion. 

True. I just don't know who's out there that we could get. I would like a guy with Blaise's size but bouncier and more durable.