March Madness 2023

9 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

True story. They're a bunch of tough Son-of-a-Gun type of players who make a whole "team." I love to see it.

C.U., later. 

Looking at SDSU's stifling defense I couldn't help but think of Benny Parker! 

17 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Is anyone else who is watching this tournament struck by how profoundly bad Big Ten officiating is in comparison?

i feel like it's been pretty bad all around. 

i mean they just decided an elite 8 game on a touch foul that arguably wasn't a foul.

Edited by FredsSlacks

13 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

i mean they just decided an elite 8 game on a touch foul that arguably wasn't a foul.

I mean— there’s no arguing that wasn’t a foul.  That was a foul for sure.

You can argue that the foul didn’t fit with the flow of the rest of the game.  However, then the argument should be how the rest of the game was called (or not called)

16 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

Yes, but the call went against Creighton and the ref was just doing humanity a favor.  Hard to get on him for that.

23 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

Nard got beat off the dribble and grabbed his defensive assignment as the guy was going up for a shot. It would have been wrong to not call it just because time was running down. You don't want the ref to call that? Then move your feet and stay in front of your man.

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Nard got beat off the dribble and grabbed his defensive assignment as the guy was going up for a shot. It would have been wrong to not call it just because time was running down. You don't want the ref to call that? Then move your feet and stay in front of your man.

The nail in the coffin for me was that he literally grabbed him back hand versus push or touch.  No question that it was a foul.  The question is whether the plethora of other officials would have made that same call or would have swallowed their collective whistles?

Edited by Huskerpapa

3 hours ago, FredsSlacks said:

It was clearly and indisputably a foul.  One can argue whether it gets called there, but there can be no argument that it wasn’t a foul.

Edited by HB

20 hours ago, jayschool said:

Can we NIL the whole team to Lincoln? Of course, once they get here, they'll go 3-17 in the conference, and get beat by North Dakota or some shit.

Probably a better idea than the first 3 years of the Hoiberg era where we tried to lose enough games to move the team to Florida

41 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Both CU and Texas managing to choke away sure victories made this a very special Sunday. Good thing MLB starts this week since my interest in the Final Four is at a very low ebb now without any team to love or hate. 

I needed Texas for $120 in a bracket contest so a bit bummed about them.