March Madness 2023

I caught shit from the CU fans on another husker board for this, but Creighton’s resume is kinda terrible. Losing record against Q1-Q2 teams. KPI and RPI in the mid 40s. 1 decent win in the non-con. 2 top 25 wins both came at the CHI. Best true road win is Seton Hall. The predictive metrics like NET and Ken Pom are holding them up like they are Ohio St. They honestly belong on the 8-9 line. 

Big Ten teams IN:

Maryland (8) vs. West Virginia (9)

Iowa (8) vs. Auburn (9)

Indiana (4) vs. Kent State (13)

Penn State (10) vs. Texas A&M (7)

Illinois (9) vs. Arkansas (8)

Northwestern (7) vs. Boise State (10)

Purdue (1) vs. Dayton 16 game (Texas Southern or Farleigh Dickinson)

Michigan State (7) vs. USC (10)

Big Ten teams OUT:

Michigan

Rutgers

Nebraska

Wisconsin

Ohio State

Minnesota

2 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I caught shit from the CU fans on another husker board for this, but Creighton’s resume is kinda terrible. Losing record against Q1-Q2 teams. KPI and RPI in the mid 40s. 1 decent win in the non-con. 2 top 25 wins both came at the CHI. Best true road win is Seton Hall. The predictive metrics like NET and Ken Pom are holding them up like they are Ohio St. They honestly belong on the 8-9 line. 

Jays lucky as hell with that seed

Well it's been a fun ride with ya all this season.  Unless a big 10 school or KU makes it to the championship I'm done with mens Basketball until next season. Don't care about NBA. Have given up caring about talking about recruits and how amazing they are.  I'll hold off on the excitement until I actually see them in Husker red playing an actual game for Nebraska. 

50 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Well it's been a fun ride with ya all this season.  Unless a big 10 school or KU makes it to the championship I'm done with mens Basketball until next season. Don't care about NBA. Have given up caring about talking about recruits and how amazing they are.  I'll hold off on the excitement until I actually see them in Husker red playing an actual game for Nebraska. 

I understand the sentiment about the shiny new objects.  But I differentiate portal season from recruits, because at least the portal acquisitions have a track record in college vs. the more speculative high school recruit.    IMO the next few weeks will be very interesting both in terms of who is leaving, and what portal guys we get.   And yes, F the NBA.  🙂