March Madness 2023

Freakin’ Kstate. Located in the middle of nowhere, share the state with THE CBB blue blood. Last 3 coaches were 1. Asst w/ no HC experience. 2. Fired P5 coach 3. Asst w/ no HC experience. All 3 of those coaches took them to the Elite 8…how we haven’t fallen ass backwards into a tournament win by now amazes me. 

8 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Freakin’ Kstate. Located in the middle of nowhere, share the state with THE CBB blue blood. Last 3 coaches were 1. Asst w/ no HC experience. 2. Fired P5 coach 3. Asst w/ no HC experience. All 3 of those coaches took them to the Elite 8…how we haven’t fallen ass backwards into a tournament win by now amazes me. 

And getting paid $2.1M vs. Hoiberg's $3.5M (obviously just for base, not including incentives).

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Honestly though… the difference between them and us THIS year May have literally been someone’s medical opinions.  #Cursed

I do think KSU shows you shouldn’t worry about what’s on the other side.  Could be no grass, could be the same grass, could be greener grass.  However, you can’t be scared of what it is.  Don’t settle because you might get worse grass.

8 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Honestly though… the difference between them and us THIS year May have literally been someone’s medical opinions.  #Cursed

I do think KSU shows you shouldn’t worry about what’s on the other side.  Could be no grass, could be the same grass, could be greener grass.  However, you can’t be scared of what it is.  Don’t settle because you might get worse grass.

Johnson probably could have gotten us to the tournament but the reason Kstate is an Elite 8 team is Nowell. Holy hell is that kid on a heater. 

I don't feel as bad about our loss to the Wildcats now. And our first half against the Spartans shows how close we are to finally winning a tournament game. And I do agree with Izzo that some pretty lucky shots were game changers last night. Now K-State looks to have a pretty straight shot to make the final four. 

1 hour ago, doc1394 said:

Creighton’s path to a national championship is getting all too real 

If I was in charge of putting out click-bait articles, the headline would read:

"College Basketball World Reacts to Terrible Creighton News"

The entirety of the article would be:

"Creighton team plane lands safely."

23 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Shouldda, Couldda, Wouldda!

this program doesn't deserve the fan support it gets.

creighton in the elite 8 with their best player being from Aurora Nebraska

k-state in the elite 8 with their best player being someone who we wouldn't let come here

gonzaga in the elite 8 with a player from omaha who made the winning assist against ucla, and openly chose to be a bench player at gonzaga over being a starter at nebraska.

san diego st- in elite 8. arop from omaha is one of their top bench players.

the NU athletic department probably has more money than all these schools combined. absolutely no excuse to have the worst power 5 basketball program in history.