March Madness 2023

How does the player of the year get one shot in the final 12 minutes?

PU's freshman point guard was so bad. The perimeter guys looked like scared little leaguers by the end, praying no one would throw them the ball. 

Probably the worst choke job in NCAA tourney history. FDU didn't even play that well. I mean UMBC shot lights out from 3 (50%) and better than 50% overall when they upset Virginia - FDU shot 30% from 3, less than 40% overall, and only had 10 FTs in this game.

Edited by throwback

I said earlier that we will be very lucky to get a Big 10 team into the Sweet Sixteen.  Purdue was putting their hopes on a 3 star freshman point guard who toward the end of the year really looked the part.  Don’t remember which loss they had at the end of the year they lost at home and that point guard looked like a chicken with his head cut off dribbling all over the court only to throw a wild pass as the shot clock got down to 0.  The hot shot freshman shooting guard lost a lot of his touch and confidence down the stretch too. In that same loss he took three long 3 point shots when Edy was wide open.

21 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Creighton couldn't buy a three for the longest time but NC State wasn't good enough to take advantage of it.  You know the Jays will shoot lights out now against Baylor.

I don't know what is worse.  Us not making the tournament or Creighton winning a game.

Can't help but think what Edey is/was thinking after the game since I informed after escaping PBA that Big 10 refs won't be "******* ***** **** in the NCAA tourney and I will thoroughly enjoy watching them get beat in 2nd round". Little did I know they would 1 up me by losing in 1st round.

10 minutes ago, roscoe said:

Can't help but think what Edey is/was thinking after the game since I informed after escaping PBA that Big 10 refs won't be "******* ***** **** in the NCAA tourney and I will thoroughly enjoy watching them get beat in 2nd round". Little did I know they would 1 up me by losing in 1st round.

Not just losing in the first round.  16 V 1

18 minutes ago, roscoe said:

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

May be a terrible post season resume… but at least they have one.  We’re over here with a resume that says “no work experience”

We have work experience. We're just terrible at our jobs.

It's gut wrenching watching teams like FAU and (almost) Kennesaw State get their first tournament wins and we've had our fair chances at it.

2 hours ago, Milk said:

Once again the Big 10 isn’t as good as it thinks it is 

IDK about this.  We weren’t even the most “hyped up” conference.  The Purdue loss hurts… definitely.  But, should Indiana hold out, we’d finish 5-3 in the opening round.

I think the Big 12 finishing 4-3 (should TCU lose) would be a bigger disappointment.

19 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

We have work experience. We're just terrible at our jobs.

It's gut wrenching watching teams like FAU and (almost) Kennesaw State get their first tournament wins and we've had our fair chances at it.

Boise State is 0-9.

At our current pace we won't be 0-9 until 2045.  So we've got that going for us, which is nice.