What are the AD expectations for Fred next year?

1 hour ago, Busch Light said:
11 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

It passes me off how successful K State can be with a new coach and basically a whole new team and we're still struggling. Lincoln is a way better town than Manhattan.

Totally. Kansas State expects to be successful in basketball and that’s the difference. I don’t think they would put up with how bad we have been lately. 

It's not like we're just sitting on our hands. We've invested millions and millions of dollars into practice facilities, arenas, staff, head coaches, etc.

You can expect a player to be held accountable in the classroom, on the court, in practice, and in the community, but I'd venture to say that there's not a strong correlation between those expectations and March Madness performance. March is talent + chaos + having the right things happen at the right time. We can expect to land the best recruits in the nation but that doesn't mean we will. We can expect certain standards from our coaches but that also creates a revolving door and a downward spiral for attracting prospective coaches. We can also expect to send out $1M NIL checks but as we've seen, but you can't also expect them to stick around all four years and not transfer somewhere else.

24 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It's not like we're just sitting on our hands. We've invested millions and millions of dollars into practice facilities, arenas, staff, head coaches, etc.

You can expect a player to be held accountable in the classroom, on the court, in practice, and in the community, but I'd venture to say that there's not a strong correlation between those expectations and March Madness performance. March is talent + chaos + having the right things happen at the right time. We can expect to land the best recruits in the nation but that doesn't mean we will. We can expect certain standards from our coaches but that also creates a revolving door and a downward spiral for attracting prospective coaches. We can also expect to send out $1M NIL checks but as we've seen, but you can't also expect them to stick around all four years and not transfer somewhere else.

The fact that we have invested so much makes it sting even more. We have an amazing arena and practice facility. We have a fan base that sells out the arena. Bramlage is a dump compared to the PBA. We erected practice facilities at a similar time and by all accounts Hendricks is far superior to Ice. 

The expectations clearly aren’t that difficult here. We retained a 40-83 coach with a .228 conference winning percentage and it wasn’t even a question. Why? Because we finished .500. We have had 3 winning seasons out of our last 12. Doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency to change that either. 

The decision was made to retain Fred. I’m 100% in his corner to get this turned around. I’m hoping we get some transfers, turn the corner and never look back. But from a 10,000 foot view, this program is a total mess and it’s going to take some serious soul searching to fix it. Now excuse me while a grab a box of tissues, a gallon of Häagen-Dazs, and depressingly cry as Creighton makes the Elite 8 tonight. 

2 hours ago, Busch Light said:

The fact that we have invested so much makes it sting even more. We have an amazing arena and practice facility. We have a fan base that sells out the arena. Bramlage is a dump compared to the PBA. We erected practice facilities at a similar time and by all accounts Hendricks is far superior to Ice. 

The expectations clearly aren’t that difficult here. We retained a 40-83 coach with a .228 conference winning percentage and it wasn’t even a question. Why? Because we finished .500. We have had 3 winning seasons out of our last 12. Doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency to change that either. 

The decision was made to retain Fred. I’m 100% in his corner to get this turned around. I’m hoping we get some transfers, turn the corner and never look back. But from a 10,000 foot view, this program is a total mess and it’s going to take some serious soul searching to fix it. Now excuse me while a grab a box of tissues, a gallon of Häagen-Dazs, and depressingly cry as Creighton makes the Elite 8 tonight. 

GO Princeton…!!!