uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 32: Big Ten Tournament - Minnesota

4 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

What was with J-Law jacking up so many 3s that 1st four minutes.  Goodness

I am actually on the other side of this.  He was a non-factor in the second half and was hoping he would become more aggressive.  He missed his first three and then made his next three.  He is going to be a very good player next year and might become a special player before it's all said and done

Just now, HuskerFever said:

If someone was in a coma before February and woke up today to see this post, they'd think you were talking about a coaching search.

What a wild season.

Funny, but so true.  We went from “coaches you want” threads to “why the NET sucks” threads, to “bubblicious” threads to “seasons over” threads all in the span of 30 days.

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

All I can do right now is thank them for their effort and changing the culture.  It isn’t the right time for me to criticize anyone.  Will compliment the gophers on playing a hell of a game.  They made us need to be big ten good ti beat them.  We were not. 

Hopefully next season the Delaware States and Marists have some relevance for us :lol:

Damnit.

Felt like we were too amped up at the start of the game. Then once Minny took the lead, felt like we were pressing, trying to make something happen. Not the way we've played most of this stretch, where we've been pretty loose.

As was mentioned earlier, we had a chance to bury them early and didn't do it. That was a killer.

They really bullied us with their size, and you have to give them credit for that game plan, as it worked. That said, not sure I want Ben Johnson coaching my team when he leaves his best shooter on the floor with a 5-6 point lead after he gets his 4th foul with 9 1/2 min to play, then gets himself T'd up after his horrible decision bit him in the ass, but I guess it worked out OK for them.

Also really hate how that last video review worked - may have been the right call, but 99 times (maybe 100 times) out of 100 in normal game play, the ball would go back to the offense because the defense knocked the ball loose. Shouldn't matter that much that Griesel's hand was still on it for a millisecond after it got knocked loose. But that's the rule. Seems to me that's an area where video review is too precise.

That call alone didn't cost us the game - we made too many errors & Minny shot it too well. But that's a rule I find frustrating every time I see it. It just happened to hurt us tonight.

Edited by throwback

7 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Great progress this season.

Gut punch to end it.

Here’s guessing Trev will give Hoiberg a significant vote of confidence, when it’s all over, to keep the momentum going. 

For all of the fun that was this past month, we’re still 0-4 in conference tournaments under Fred, haven’t been to the post season, haven't finished a season above .500, etc.

Can’t let recency bias cloud the overall picture.  He definitely earned himself another year and I do want him to succeed, but he’s still got to get the job done next year.  We can’t take a step back.

4 minutes ago, Crush78 said:

Wilcher's foul on the desperation 3 was the killer in my opinion. Minny was feeling the pressure & ripe to choke it away before that bailout foul

Yeah wholeheartedly agree.  I wasn’t ready to go to critical mode just yet but you set me up perfectly for a spike. We win that game with a miss and  a rebound there imo. 

6 hours ago, Crush78 said:

Wilcher's foul on the desperation 3 was the killer in my opinion. Minny was feeling the pressure & ripe to choke it away before that bailout foul

Exactly this. I still had confidence in this team throughout the game. But the moment this happened, I had that thought in my head that we might have dug ourselves in too deep of a hole.