uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 32: Big Ten Tournament - Minnesota

2 minutes ago, skerbball said:

B369573A-B730-41D2-91D3-0D5A0C993566.webp

That’s how he should feel after that one. Embarrassed and ashamed. Stubborn, poor decisions. Continuing to over help, double baseline drives, double posts, while leaving their best 3pt shooter all alone. Then getting nothing going for your offense and allowing guys to chuck up crap, quick shots. 

Brutal. Too many missed shots at the rim. Too many bad decisions. I do not understand why we didn't call a timeout with 4-ish seconds left. That certainly would have been better than dribbling into the lane and turning it over. Really sucks Griesel's last moment was a turnover that sealed the loss. Just brutal. Gonna be hard to fall asleep tonight.

2 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

That was a complete kick to the balls.  The illegal screen on Keisei was a bad call but man, hard to put this on the refs when we played so terribly and they fouled out Minny's beat player on a bad call with 6 minutes left in the game

Would give you a million upvotes if I could. Yes, the refs are awful. They always have been and always will be. I’m just exhausted by the excuse making - play smarter and better in the first 39 minutes, it’s a non-issue. Too many turnovers, missed free throws, forced shots and lazy defensive rotations to go along with too many players wearing red that shouldn’t be on the court. Really bad look to lose to this MN team. 

9 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

That’s how he should feel after that one. Embarrassed and ashamed. Stubborn, poor decisions. Continuing to over help, double baseline drives, double posts, while leaving their best 3pt shooter all alone. Then getting nothing going for your offense and allowing guys to chuck up crap, quick shots. 

The doubling led to some of the worst passes I've seen a college basketball player make.  They make 5.8 3's on average.  I would take my chances having them make 10 3's than get shots at the rim.  They were 12 - 16 at the rim and 10 - 24 from 3.  We were 18 - 33 at the rim and 6 - 19 from 3.  That's the game in a nutshell.  We even go 75 % from at the rim, we win pretty easily.

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

I’m ready for Fred to do something next year. 16-16 was a job saver this year, it will be a job ender next season. 

I guess I’d take post season or bust, but honestly I’m almost to a NCAAs or bust point.  I was post season or bust this year… the injuries and how we fought back made me change my mind a bit.  But it’s gotta happen next year.