uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 30: Michigan State

Just bad timing. MSU motivated and mad by their collapse Vs Iowa and we just hit a wall. Didn’t like some of the ball screen fouls, definitely didn’t like the hero ball by certain guys, and for sure hated the cramps. Cramps, to be quite honest, are not injuries. They are preventable. It starts with prep even a day prior. And it’s not like PBA is 115 degree heat index - no excuse for continued cramping…thought I heard that’s what Lawrence went down with as well

5 hours ago, royalfan said:

And he can never attempt that ambitious three footer that missed by about 8 feet ever again, that would  be great. 

More concerned about passing ability than size. Walker is a great passer as a big and gives us a different dynamic on offense. That dish back to Keisei after Keisei passed it to him mid air was just natural instinct. I rewatched it at work like 10 times. Insanely impressive. 

8 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I hate that I like Izzo so much. I despise how some coaches/teams get preferential treatment from officials and Izzo is one of them. But I still like the guy. 

He works the refs but isn't a complete douche about it like Fran. Gary Sharp was talking about it this morning, annoying for opposing fans, but exactly want you want from your head coach. If he noticed something in film and thought he could get the refs to call the moving screens, well mission accomplished for his team. 

20 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

He works the refs but isn't a complete douche about it like Fran. Gary Sharp was talking about it this morning, annoying for opposing fans, but exactly want you want from your head coach. If he noticed something in film and thought he could get the refs to call the moving screens, well mission accomplished for his team. 

Larry the midget reffed an earlier game where we had a whole sh*tload of moving screens called, and we got smoked in that game too.

Moving screens are like third down defensive holding in the NFL - it's a pretty good tell that they won't have a chance to win.  I'd assume that if you could look these things up, that teams that get called for 3 or more illegal screens win less than 10% of the time.

17 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Just bad timing. MSU motivated and mad by their collapse Vs Iowa and we just hit a wall. Didn’t like some of the ball screen fouls, definitely didn’t like the hero ball by certain guys, and for sure hated the cramps. Cramps, to be quite honest, are not injuries. They are preventable. It starts with prep even a day prior. And it’s not like PBA is 115 degree heat index - no excuse for continued cramping…thought I heard that’s what Lawrence went down with as well

We've got to stop the dehydration

the-waterboy.jpg

On 3/1/2023 at 8:25 PM, Red Don said:

I don't believe I've seen these posted yet.

Post (MSU) Game Press Conference(s)

Thanks for posting these.  Would give you more upvotes if I could.  Easy to watch them after a win.  Easy to forget to watch them after a tough loss.  We all need to take the time to watch the seniors speak IMO.  If we get this turned around, these two are going to be a big part of the reason why. 

I know I'm late toto the party but Wilcher got called for illegal screen and it was clearly the right call. However, I saw a Sparty player set a screen and when he rolled he just pretty much moved the husker defender all the way down the lane creating any easy scoring chance.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:25 PM, Red Don said:

I don't believe I've seen these posted yet.

Post (MSU) Game Press Conference(s)

Those are two men sitting there answering questions that nobody wants to answer let alone be there.  Will truly miss them and know that they are going to do really good things in their future.  Thank you 

Edited by Silverbacked1

On 3/1/2023 at 6:10 PM, OmahaHusker said:

More concerned about passing ability than size. Walker is a great passer as a big and gives us a different dynamic on offense. That dish back to Keisei after Keisei passed it to him mid air was just natural instinct. I rewatched it at work like 10 times. Insanely impressive. 

I am with you.  It was just a bad joke.  That type of skill set will be missed for sure.  

Post game notes

• Nebraska shot 51 percent (25-of-49) in the game, marking the fourth time in the past six home games that the Huskers have shot better than 50 percent.
  • Keisei Tominaga had 20 points on 7-of-11 shooting. Tominaga topped 20 points for the eighth time this season, including the sixth time in the past seven games.
  • Jamarques Lawrence had a career-high 15 points on 7-of-10 shooting. Lawrence had 11 points in Nebraska’s last game against Minnesota, as the freshman notched back-to-back double-figure scoring efforts for the first time in his career.
  • Derrick Walker was 6-of-9 from the field and scored 13 points.
  • Sam Griesel was the fourth Husker in double figures with 12 points, and he pulled down a game-high eight rebounds.
  • Michigan State scored 54 points in the second half, the highest-scoring half by a Husker opponent at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The previous high was 52 points by Michigan State in 2015 and UTSA in 2017.
  • Michigan State went 16-of-29 from the 3-point line including 12-of-17 in the second half. The 16 3-pointers tied the Pinnacle Bank Arena record, matching the 16 threes Ohio State hit on Jan. 2, 2022.

28 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

This is a funny thing I wasn't aware of....seems like the dudes in the court side seats were heckling Walker pretty bad but people were under the assumption that Walker was mad at Keisei

LOL Keisei is all— don’t worry about him, worry about me draining another three here in a few.