Big Ten Tournament

HuskerFever

5 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

BTN is trying to sell Wisconsin more tonight than they did for a 22-10 (13-5) back in 2018.

My goodness, I’m glad someone else noticed this too. Look, they finished behind us, and lost to tOSU which, while a decent team, should be a W for an NCAA team.  It’s over for buckey.  Maybe they can make it as far as us in the NIT.

tOSU tried like hell to blow that game. They refused to take care of the ball. Wahl got called for a foul where his hand was on buckeye players back before knocking ball away. Kind of ticky tack call but tOSU player didn't even try to protect ball. Glad to see Wiscy lose!

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I will say, the loss kind of spoiled conference tournament week for me.  I was pumped to have games on all day this week and next.  Now I don't even want to watch.  I'll be pumped for March Madness, but just can't get into the conference games now.

Wait.... the conference is still playing the tournament after last night?

44 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Of course, the only 2 teams to not have made the Big Ten tournament semifinal would be Rutgers and Nebraska.

Rutgers has an opportunity to do so if they are able to defeat Purdue, & it's a tight game right at the time...

Rutgers and Nebraska remain the only two teams to not make the BTT semis after Purdue beat RU today 70-65.

10 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

They are making a really nice run (the same run we should have made!) but I fully expect their season to end tomorrow against Purdue (presuming they hold off MSU)

Oh, I know, but it'd be so #Nebrasketball if 12 B1G teams make the NCAAs, with only Minnesota and Nebraska left out.

38 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Ohio St is playing great. They have several nice freshmen and did it today without Sensabaugh. Not sad to see the Spartans sent packing.

Buckeye fans have got to be livid.  They want Holtmann gone a month ago and this run is gonna not only gonna save his job, it might grant him an extension.

Can't say I feel bad for 'em.

9 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I thought WE would be the Buckeyes in this Tournament…

We aren't anywhere near as talented as OSU.  It's just that they decided to start playing with some urgency finally.  If they had put half this effort into the regular season they'd most likely be a top 4 team in the league.

6 minutes ago, 49r said:

We aren't anywhere near as talented as OSU.  It's just that they decided to start playing with some urgency finally.  If they had put half this effort into the regular season they'd most likely be a top 4 team in the league.

True, but I spent years in the Big 8 thinking we’d get “Hot” as a 7-8 Seed & Win the WHOLE thing…