NORTHWESTERN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Glad to get the win.  The Wildcats missed Rainy and we were a little sloppy but prevailed.  I thought Krull gave us some good play and Alexis was solid in the 2nd half.  

Hard to believe Bourne and Shelly won’t be playing next year. Australia was good to us.  

Need good preparation and all focus on a tough Michigan State group.  

15 minutes ago, HUD said:

I think after reading the article on Jaz yesterday there is a small chance she will be back.  I think it hinges a bit on how we do the rest of the season.

It is still undecided by Issie and Jaz as to whether they will return for another year. Both are eligible for another season.

Like you, whether they decide to return for another 'Go at It' or not, I suspect may come down to whether they feel they have some 'unfinished business' yet to accomplish.

16 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

Hey, although i was there, i missed the reason for Amy's technical.  what was the call or no call?  And what did Amy say or do?

Towards the end of the first half, Shelley was tied up (looked like an obvious foul on Northwestern).  We had the possession arrow and kept the ball.  We inbounded while Amy kept voicing her opinion on the call.  Refs called a technical with 21 seconds left.  So, rather than playing for the last shot, with a 5 point lead, Northwestern sank 2 technical free throws, then hit a 3 as time expired on the half.

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

Hard to believe Bourne and Shelly won’t be playing next year. Australia was good to us.  

Red Don mentioned it, but saw another reference. Per the On3 site, neither Shelly nor Bourne have made final decisions.  Also, not sure where I read it, but there might be a NIL work around being looked into.

Edited by 12dozen

10 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Towards the end of the first half, Shelley was tied up (looked like an obvious foul on Northwestern).  We had the possession arrow and kept the ball.  We inbounded while Amy kept voicing her opinion on the call.  Refs called a technical with 21 seconds left.  So, rather than playing for the last shot, with a 5 point lead, Northwestern sank 2 technical free throws, then hit a 3 as time expired on the half.

Just not a very good decision by Amy.  B1G WBB officiating is poor at best.  You just have to deal with it.  NW had a multitude of fouls called on them. Officiating didn’t help either side.

12 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

I was at the game and it was just as you described. There was 3 plays in a row where they just mugged us out front and no call.  Getting a technical is one thing but the timing was disastrous.  It was a 5 pt. turn around but could have been a 7 point one if we make a buzzer beater without the technical.  Momentum just handed to them.  That being said I listened to the Amy and Matt post game interview hoping for a bit of explanation from her something like "I just got very frustrated and getting a technical is never good but the timing on that one really cost us some momentum." In other words take some blame for a poor decision.

Attended the game today esp. to see Sam, Issie and Jaz honored.  We'll see what the Aussies decide ultimately.  Also didn't know if I'd see another game this year, since I'll be at work Thur. and Fri. during the day.  Will have to DVD and see how it turns out.  MSU will be really tough of course so as another alluded to we will really have to be sharp and focused in our play.  Perhaps a win Thur. will be enough to get us in?  Would have to be very few upsets in conf. tourneys I think for that to happen.  It certainly wasn't pretty but glad to get the W.  Looked a bit like playing a Rutgers game.  NU did enough to pull away and take the suspense out of it late.  Will need to play quite a bit better I suspect to win on Thurs.  GBR!!  🌽 🏀

Edited by mwm89