uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 29: Minnesota

HuskerFever

Great effort today when the 3s weren't falling and when Keisei was struggling with cramps and when Minny just refused to lay down.

So many different guys stepped up, very impressive. I don't think anyone played poorly. 

Great job doing what we were expected to do today. The stakes go up big time Tuesday night. These seniors deserve to go out with a win, so we need to make it happen.

Very physical game and a good job (I thought) by the refs of letting the game play out.

Once again it appeared Keisei had issues with cramps.  Those buggers are getting a tad worrisome. 

Everyone who played had good contributions.   Great to see.  Especially great to see Oleg with some good minutes given his parents are in town.

Man, Sam Hoiberg does a lot of little things well, and quite frankly, many big things too.

Big cheers today for the couple Dylan Riola appearances...a Rhule shot and numerous shots of Mr. And Mrs. Tominaga appearances.   Man he is a big dude...and she is a small lady.  Did I mention he is huge.  Heck, Oleg's parents are 6'11 and 6'4...so BIG parents.

By the way, a certain recruit that was directly behind our bench was pretty darn tall as well.

Nice win men.  Keep it going!

2 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Had a big long conversation with my father about my irrational fear that we're going lose this because we're Nebraska and that's what we do. And it did not happen 🙂

That was my worry.  It would be the most Nebrasketball thing to do.  They couldn't put the Goophers away, but never let them get real close, either.

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Once again it appeared Keisei had issues with cramps.  Those buggers are getting a tad worrisome.

When he was shooting FTs late in the game, the announcers were talking about him not wanting to drink any water.  Did anyone else hear that and what the heck is that all about?

2 hours ago, throwback said:

Ha - just saw Fred's postgame interview on BTN.

"Ben Johnson is doing an amazing job, etc, etc, etc..."

Sure is nice to have our coach be the one to heap false praise on the coach of the team that's in last place for a change.

So true.  I do think Minnesota actually has a decent group of freshmen.  Especially Payne.  Thought he looked pretty good after the first game and this game didn't change my opinion.  He could be a pain in the coming years.  No idea if Johnson is the guy to keep those guys there and mesh the pieces together.

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Big cheers today for the couple Dylan Riola appearances...a Rhule shot and numerous shots of Mr. And Mrs. Tominaga appearances.   Man he is a big dude...and she is a small lady.  Did I mention he is huge.  Heck, Oleg's parents are 6'11 and 6'4...so BIG parents.

By the way, a certain recruit that was directly behind our bench was pretty darn tall as well.

Nice win men.  Keep it going!

Time for my "old man get off my lawn" thoughts. Raiola, Rhule and Tominaga parents get screen time and huge cheers. Why is 4* recruit John Bol not getting shown any love?