2023 Husker volleyball

8 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Nice win tonight despite not have the "A" game.

I feel like the biggest story coming out of tonight's game (other than the 72-second rally!) was Lindsay Krause out after being rear-ended on O street; considering that was on Wednesday, that is concerning. Hope she recovers soon.

Two sweeps this weekend for the Huskers over the #21 Buckeyes and the #12 Gophers. NU FROSH are really, really good, specifically Bergan Reilly, Harper Murray, Laney Choboy & Andi Jackson. And newcomer Merritt Beason is a special player, same goes for libero Lexi Rodriquez. Sky's the limit for this year's squad, they just need to be consistently great! GBR

This is just Amazing!

https://omaha.com/sports/college/volleyball/how-former-nebraska-high-school-stars-are-faring-in-division-i-volleyball/article_edd62554-5bc1-11ee-a785-7f52087f559c.html

image.png

Nebraska high schools continue to be well represented in Division I volleyball.

There are at least 73 players from the state on 45 teams nationwide. Of those teams, 30 were at .500 or better through Sunday.

Twenty-nine of the 73 are starters, including three who are in the top 50 in NCAA statistical categories.

Nebraska’s Bekka Allick, a sophomore middle blocker from Waverly, is fourth in blocks per set. Central Florida’s Abby Schomers, a redshirt freshman from Omaha Skutt, is 18th in assists per set and Emma Worthington, a graduate-year player at Duke who transferred from Cornell, is 48th.

• 4 weeks later...