Minnesota (7-19) vs. Nebraska (14-14) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

43 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

My Mom wouldn’t let me go into the Pool Hall in Superior when I was a kid, assuming it was full of Bad Men. Regardless, I became familiar with the phrase “Run the Table”…

When we were working in Superior, we would go into the pool hall and play. Had the old spittoons and high chairs. Too bad that the ole pool hall isn't there any more. And the one in Red Cloud isn't there anymore either. At least that is what I have been told.

This Husker team has a mindset I haven't regularly seen.  Oh, there have been years where the drive was there. Always a monkey wrench thrown into the season.  Something seems different about these guys.  Maybe it's just me thinking at age 61, I only have 30 or 40 more years to see this program win an NCAA Tourney game.  🙂 

7 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

The narrative for this ENTIRE Gopher season up there has been, we might suck now, but the Calvary is on the way in the form of our 5 Star ⭐️ 7 footer. That’s GONE now, the Metrodome roof just collapsed…

You probably meant "Cavalry" unless the only thing that can rescue Minnesota is the Second Coming.  It's up to you to let us know.  😉

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

My first thought is they're trying to prevent students from just showing up for the free stuff and leaving right away.

Agree with this, but there's got to be a better way to do this.  I've watched most all of the games on TV and it looks soooooooo awkward when the students are filing out with 45 seconds left in the half.

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that’s  where NU played Xavier in ‘91, at the Metrodome. 

It's still unf**king real that they lost that game.

I shared an apartment with a friend who covered that game for the DN.  When he got back, we sat in stunned silence for about a half hour.

image.png

Yes, his article did stress the fact that Nebraska had not ever won an NCAA Tournament game.  Yes, that was a big deal already, back then.  Thirty two f**king years ago.

28 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I shared an apartment with a friend who covered that game for the DN.  When he got back, we sat in stunned silence for about a half hour.

image.png

Yes, his article did stress the fact that Nebraska had not ever won an NCAA Tournament game.  Yes, that was a big deal already, back then.  Thirty two f**king years ago.

It brought back a lot of raw feelings even typing that short sentence. Not to dwell on it (too late) but we beat the Kansas team that played Duke for the Title TWICE in a week…

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

image.png

Me when we shoot terrible free throws: I wish we could just make them like the old days.

Me reading that we went 14/27 in the Xavier loss: ……….. we do shoot like the old days.