Maryland (18-8) vs. Nebraska (13-14) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

That exhausted me...not sure how our team is right now, but they earned being tired.

Anyone else see that Bryce was one of the first on the floor after the game :)

As we were going into OT I felt that our team was more gassed than Maryland. That usually doesn't bode well for teams. But we had a few really clutch turnovers and defensive stops that kept us in it.

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

As we were going into OT I felt that our team was more gassed than Maryland. That usually doesn't bode well for teams. But we had a few really clutch turnovers and defensive stops that kept us in it.

We won that game by grit and guts.  Men at work.

12 minutes ago, REDZONEDAN said:
1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Someone on one of the Maryland boards called Nebraska a pathetic team.

Someone also said Nebraska did nothing to win that game.  Yes, we did nothing to win that game you dipshit.

We crush dreams. That's just who we are.

Hate it? Then don't lose to us. Simple as that.

35 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

We crush dreams. That's just who we are.

Hate it? Then don't lose to us. Simple as that.

Nobody in the Big 8 ever cried when we Beat them. They knew how to take their A** Whuppins like a Man. 

Edited by Handy Johnson

31 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Maryland 14-1 at home, yet 4-8 on the road. Be mad, "Maryland Fans," but be mad at your OWN TEAM, who we owned tonight. 😁

Maybe we didn't quite own them, but the better "team" did win tonight.

Just rewatched the game.  I am not going to say the referees sucked today, in fact that was a tough game to ref with the amount of physicality; but Maryland got away with much, much more then we did.  What always pis*es me off is that they will let mega physical play take place, and then they will turn around and call a touch foul. Makes zero sense in my shallow little mind.

4 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Just rewatched the game.  I am not going to say the referees sucked today, in fact that was a tough game to ref with the amount of physicality; but Maryland got away with much, much more then we did.  What always pis*es me off is that they will let mega physical play take place, and then they will turn around and call a touch foul. Makes zero sense in my shallow little mind.

I mean, "owned tonight," because we went 1-0 vs them. 😉 

The refs completely changing how they called it was garbage, that's how I saw it live & in-person. It was ridiculous.

Edited by AuroranHusker

12 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

That's what ticks me off the most about the typical Three Blind Mice performance - the inconsistency.  Aggravated assault is allowed for long stretches and then on a turn of a dime, every little ticky-tack contact is called.  I get that it's not an easy job, but at least make some effort to gravitate toward consistency for 40 minutes.

If you're gonna let 'em brawl, let 'em brawl the whole way.  If you're gonna call it close, do it the entire game.

Edited by NUtball

4 minutes ago, NUtball said:

That's what ticks me off the most about the typical Three Blind Mice performance - the inconsistency.  Aggravated assault is allowed for long stretches and then on a turn of a dime, every little ticky-tack contact is called.  I get that it's not an easy job, but at least make some effort to gravitate toward consistency for 40 minutes.

Another way to look at it is, The referees start off letting the play be physical.  And as  the game goes on the players get more physical and more physical and more physical.So something has to be done which is to call ticky tack fouls To keep players from actually causing harm to each other.

1 minute ago, Fastbreaker said:

Another way to look at it is, The referees start off letting the play be physical.  And as  the game goes on the players get more physical and more physical and more physical.So something has to be done which is to call ticky tack fouls To keep players from actually causing harm to each other.

Yeah, definitely some truth to that take.

I kind of wish there was some way for the game to revert backwards a bit with regard to physicality, meaning things were more free-flowing without all the hard contact.  Obviously not going to happen with the speed, size, strength and athleticism of today's players versus the past, but somehow I don't think basketball was meant to be 'football on a hardcourt' that we tend to see anymore, especially in the B1G.