Nebraska (0-3) vs. San Diego (3-0) Baseball Series Game Thread

Bugeaters1

40 minutes ago, brfrad said:

If I were Bolt, I would have scrimmages.  If you as a pitcher, and can't throw strikes, you aren't getting any innings this weekend.  That was dreadful.   I have no idea what the school record is for walks and hit by pitches, but we should have set it today.

San Diego had 3 big innings this weekend (5+ Runs). In those 3 innings they had 20 Runs on 7 hits...I watch ALOT of baseball, this weekend was a first for me.

Bullpen allowed 15 walks & 5 HBP (20 free passes) in 14 innings. ERA of 11.57.

When they did manage to get the ball over the plate, they grooved it, which is no surprise. When you can't throw strikes consistently, the strikes you end up throwing usually end up looking like batting practice. Bullpen batting avg allowed of .340. SLG of .566.

Bullpen OBP allowed of .521. That's a Little League type number.

26 total runs allowed by the bullpen in 14 innings. With that type of OBP over 14 bullpen innings, NU is lucky USD didn't score far more runs than they did.

Unreal.

That's the kind of weekend that makes pitching coaches think of entering a new line of work.

Edited by throwback