uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 26: vs Wisconsin

HuskerFever

8 minutes ago, throwback said:

Not to gloat or anything, but that's two straight games Chucky has had a chance to beat us on a late shot in regulation and failed. 

I'd almost feel bad for him, but then I remember that he chose to play for that program. Disgusting.

It blows my mind that any kid could watch Wisconsin and decide that they want to go play for that program

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

It blows my mind that any kid could watch Wisconsin and decide that they want to go play for that program

If they fired whoever the hell it was that was their football coach and are moving away rom their traditional style of play, then Gard might be on thin ice as well.

It would be good for the conference.  It might not be good for Wisconsin, but they're the turd in the punchbowl that makes everybody else worse.

23 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I’m just gonna say it. I’ve been to every home game this year. Yes, I paid extra so I could attend NU vs the Queens college. I’m not some casual “I didn’t even watch the game but saw the score” fan. I’ve watched every single game this year, in its entirety. 
The Penn State home game and now this one sealed what I was already feeling. I no longer just think Fred will be back. I actually WANT him back. There has been undeniable progress inside the program and culture. Are we going to win out? No. Am I going to emotionally post if we lay a turd? Yes. But I freakin’ love this team. That is all. 

Agree wholeheartedly. Hoiberg has a heady group of assistants who have provided invaluable, high-level assistance. I'm glad Trev got Fred the help he needed. The gamble seems to be paying off, imho.

Only got to listen to last 12 minutes and OT. Kent is hopefully celebrating and not in an ER somewhere. His passion for this program is unmatched. Jake was also great with his comments. On a side note can the refs hear them because both KP and Jake were very forthcoming in some of the calls? And couldn't help but make a trip to Buckyville message board to see Wisky fans reactions. For a team that has gotten the benefit of more flop calls than anyone over the years they didn't seem to like the Huskers getting away with it. Didn't see any of the game so can't comment one way or the other. And they also didn't like all moving screens NU got away with. Would like to tell them it's karma for all the sh** Brad Davison got away with over his 16 year career as a badger.

36 minutes ago, roscoe said:

Only got to listen to last 12 minutes and OT. Kent is hopefully celebrating and not in an ER somewhere. His passion for this program is unmatched. Jake was also great with his comments. On a side note can the refs hear them because both KP and Jake were very forthcoming in some of the calls? And couldn't help but make a trip to Buckyville message board to see Wisky fans reactions. For a team that has gotten the benefit of more flop calls than anyone over the years they didn't seem to like the Huskers getting away with it. Didn't see any of the game so can't comment one way or the other. And they also didn't like all moving screens NU got away with. Would like to tell them it's karma for all the sh** Brad Davison got away with over his 16 year career as a badger.

“16 year career aa a Badger”.   CLASSIC😆😆😆

The 10 seed isn’t out of the question fellas.  And it’s not as far fetched as some might think.  Step 1- stay ahead of OSU and Minny.

Currently we’re 12th but have the same # of wins as PSU.  Can we win 1 more than them down the stretch?  Here is their schedule.

Illinois

@Minny

@OSU

Rutgers

@Northwestern

Maryland

We’d then need to hop 1 team.  Most likely Wisconsin since we beat them yesterday.  They currently have 1 more win than us.  Can we go +2 against them down the stretch?  Their schedule

Michigan

Rutgers

Iowa

@Michigan

Purdue

@Minny

Notes from UNL

Postgame Notes

• Nebraska rallied from a 17-point second-half deficit to record its largest come-from-behind victory since the Huskers erased a 19-point first-half deficit in a 64-60 win against Iowa on Feb. 23, 2013. Overall, the 17-point comeback marked NU’s third-largest comeback since the start of the 1996-97 season.  It is the largest second-half comeback since at least 1997-98.
  • Nebraska’s last two wins over Wisconsin have featured Nebraska overcoming double-figure deficits (also 10 at Wisconsin last season in Madison)
  • The Huskers came back from an 11-point halftime deficit, the fourth time this season Nebraska has overcome a halftime deficit. Wisconsin had been 11-0 this season when leading at the half, and the Badgers had not lost when leading at the half since it lost a six-point halftime lead in a 62-57 loss at Iowa on March 12, 2021.
  • Nebraska had two large runs to fuel the comeback. The Huskers scored 14 straight points as part of a larger 20-2 run in the second half and in overtime, Nebraska ended the game on a 12-0 run.
  • Tominaga led Nebraska with a game-high 22 points, his third consecutive 20-point game. Tominaga tied his season and career high with five 3-pointers. Tominaga scored 17 of his 22 points after halftime.
  • In the second half, Keisei Tominaga (13 points) and Sam Griesel (12) combined for 25 points. As a team, Nebraska held Wisconsin to 26 second-half points.
  • Griesel filled up the stat sheet with 15 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
  • Derrick Walker scored 18 points on 8-of-13 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds. Walker had six of Nebraska’s 12 points in overtime.
  • Blaise Keita played 20 minutes in the game, all in the second half or overtime. Keita pulled down a game-high 11 rebounds, one shy of his career high.
  • Jamarques Lawrence scored 11 points, one shy of his career high. It marked Lawrence’s second career double-figure scoring game.
  • Nebraska out-rebounded Wisconsin, 43-37, and is now 5-0 in Big Ten play when out-rebounding opponents.
  • Nebraska held Wisconsin to 36.2 percent shooting, the ninth opponent held to 40 percent shooting or less.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

The 10 seed isn’t out of the question fellas.  And it’s not as far fetched as some might think.  Step 1- stay ahead of OSU and Minny.

Currently we’re 12th but have the same # of wins as PSU.  Can we win 1 more than them down the stretch?  Here is their schedule.

Illinois

@Minny

@OSU

Rutgers

@Northwestern

Maryland

We’d then need to hop 1 team.  Most likely Wisconsin since we beat them yesterday.  They currently have 1 more win than us.  Can we go +2 against them down the stretch?  Their schedule

Michigan

Rutgers

Iowa

@Michigan

Purdue

@Minny

I believe we'd win the 3 way tiebreaker with Wisconsin & Penn St.

56 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Nebraska rallied from a 17-point second-half deficit to record its largest come-from-behind victory since the Huskers erased a 19-point first-half deficit in a 64-60 win against Iowa on Feb. 23, 2013.

Iowa on Feb 23, 2013 was the Dylan Talley game

Here’s hoping yesterday’s comeback signals a new and improved approach to success without Gary and Bandoumel.

Perhaps Walker+Keita is that improved approach?  
Consider this from OWH:

“Eleven rebounds. Multiple hustle plays. Two steals. Two points. Plus-20 when he was on the floor — second-highest for the team behind Griesel at 21. All in 23 minutes of work.”