2024 C John Bol -> Ole Miss

Bugeaters1

18 hours ago, colhusker said:

Hope Bol didn't get upset the crowd didn't chant his name when he walked in.

I thought the same thing.  Leave it to Nebraska fans at a basketball game to cheer for the football recruit instead of the high ranking basketball recruit.  If Bol is reading this, hope he understands there are a lot of people that want him to be a Husker!

42 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Sincere question: Has anyone found any highlight video of this kid doing something more than just being 7'2? If so, please post.

I mean, for someone that may want to make it to the NBA it is a huge head start...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2013/06/27/nba-draft-is-being-7-feet-tall-the-fastest-way-to-get-rich-in-america/?sh=6a312f716522

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Sincere question: Has anyone found any highlight video of this kid doing something more than just being 7'2? If so, please post.

Not really Norm; yet if you look at this video, try to ignore the offensive plays (because they are, by in large, a byproduct of being 7'2").  Instead, my focus is on he runs the floor and truly protects the rim on defense.  He is extremely agile and quick for a young man of that size.  By the way, he does hit a nice looking jumper from about 16 feet.  Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Huskerpapa

People will hate this comparison but his film reminds me of Kalkbrenner from Creighton. He is skinnier and more mobile but basically does the same things: protects the rim, finishes around the rim on feeds from his teammates, and generally seems to have very good timing on blocking shots. Neither guy seems to have polished post moves.  He *might* have better shooting range than Kalk.  Hard to tell after a couple short clips.  All that said, would LOVE to have a rim protector like young Mr. Bol in this defense we play now (or at any other time I suppose).  When is the last time we had a guy like that?  Kimani Ffriend?  I hope he had a great time visiting this weekend.

1 hour ago, busticket said:

People will hate this comparison but his film reminds me of Kalkbrenner from Creighton. He is skinnier and more mobile but basically does the same things: protects the rim, finishes around the rim on feeds from his teammates, and generally seems to have very good timing on blocking shots. Neither guy seems to have polished post moves.  He *might* have better shooting range than Kalk.  Hard to tell after a couple short clips.  All that said, would LOVE to have a rim protector like young Mr. Bol in this defense we play now (or at any other time I suppose).  When is the last time we had a guy like that?  Kimani Ffriend?  I hope he had a great time visiting this weekend.

It would allow us to feast on the perimeter and go over, on top of everything - along with just being in drop coverage on ball screens. Limit how much we'd have to rotate. 

20 hours ago, busticket said:

Not sure why anyone would hate that comparison as Kalkbrenner is an all conference kind of player.  I totally hate Creighton but recognize the talent they have on their team.  

• 2 months later...