Tominaga - 富永啓生

Huskerpapa

I actually thought KT could’ve been a bit more assertive on offense but deferred and seemed to look to pass as much as shoot. This may have been partially due to his parents in the crowd, the Japanese culture is to serve others first…either way they did play him very tight and seemed to stay with him while cutting quite a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I actually thought KT could’ve been a bit more assertive on offense but deferred and seemed to look to pass as much as shoot. This may have been partially due to his parents in the crowd, the Japanese culture is to serve others first…either way they did play him very tight and seemed to stay with him while cutting quite a bit. 

Minnesota stuck to him really well with a longer defender.  Good job by them and good job by KT to not force things.

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

Tuesday will be a HUGE game for him 2-28-23 in Lincoln.  Beau Reid hit the game winning shot against Michigan State on 11-28-80 in Lincoln from 30 feet+.  Tominaga will hit a lot of shots from that distance Tuesday.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tominaga scores 28!

You had a typographical error there - it was 11-28-90

12 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I am pretty sure they told his defender to NEVER leave him.  I don’t think the guy covering helped on defense once all game. Keisei did a good job not trying to force things.  I saw him only take one shot that I would call forced.

With Tuesday night being senior night, I wonder if we will get a big clue what Keisei's intent is for next year.  It's not uncommon for non-seniors to participate if they know they are done and will be playing professionally.  Maybe that's also why Keisei's family is in town?  Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

With Tuesday night being senior night, I wonder if we will get a big clue what Keisei's intent is for next year.  It's not uncommon for non-seniors to participate if they know they are done and will be playing professionally.  Maybe that's also why Keisei's family is in town?  Just a thought.

Although...using that logic infers that Oleg may be leaning the same direction?

9 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Heard a rumor today (unverified) that Keisei is walking with the seniors on Tuesday.  Hope the dude doesn't know what he is talking about.

5 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Heard a rumor today (unverified) that Keisei is walking with the seniors on Tuesday.  Hope the dude doesn't know what he is talking about.

That would be unfortunate but if he is leaving to play professionally after this season, he deserves to walk and have a proper send off.

15 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I heard a rumor today that the Huskers are embarking on a run that people will appreciate what Keisei did.  Don't worry about next year.  Buckle up!

9 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I was going to add that is the only reason a non senior should walk.  Otherwise, they should just have everyone walk as they might be transferring in the off season.

Yeah that was my thought before thinking it through for a minute.  I should have probably just deleted it instead of editing it.  

Well fellas. Coach Hoiberg confirmed on the coaches show that they are celebrating 4 players, he named Derek Walker, Sam Griesel, Emmanuel Bandoumel, and Keisei Tominaga. 
He said KT “technically is a senior as well…he has another year and that certainly will be talked about as we move on…

He then went into some commentary about each and ended with KT. I really hope he’s pulling a D-Walker and just going thru this but comes back…

9 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Well fellas. Coach Hoiberg confirmed on the coaches show that they are celebrating 4 players, he named Derek Walker, Sam Griesel, Emmanuel Bandoumel, and Keisei Tominaga. 
He said KT “technically is a senior as well…he has another year and that certainly will be talked about as we move on…

He then went into some commentary about each and ended with KT. I really hope he’s pulling a D-Walker and just going thru this but comes back…

Feels like KT is on his farewell tour. Walking on senior night, parents flying halfway across the world to watch him play.

15 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

And Nebraska Basketball just tweeted pictures of the “four seniors” with KT being the fourth

Well then, it's settled.  Let's roll into the big ten tournament with one and only goal.  Every great story needs a fitting ending.  

https://youtu.be/Xir_ynJWsH8