Tominaga - 富永啓生

Huskerpapa

21 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

True but it makes absolutely no sense. 

Just a guess, but it probably has something to do with him being student visa. May need a work visa for NIL. Can the basketball program put an immigration attorney on retainer to help with NIL deals with international players?

3 minutes ago, Cornhoopers said:

Just a guess, but it probably has something to do with him being student visa. May need a work visa for NIL. Can the basketball program put an immigration attorney on retainer to help with NIL deals with international players?

Can’t we just pay him the “Old Fashioned” way like Creighton…? 

8 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

If you would’ve told me a couple months ago he’d be our Big Gun on Offense I’d still be laughing. Got a hand it to him, the kids Legit…

I think it's because last season he was one-dimensional on offense. Now he's not only effective outside the perimeter, but he's all over the court. Much harder to defend when things are clicking.

43 minutes ago, busticket said:

I remember many times he was wide open on the wing and Bryce/Verge wouldn’t even look at him.

Which probably cause Keisei to force his shots.  Selfishness brings on more selfishness.  "I better shoot because if I pass I won't get it back" type of mindset.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Steph Curry just tweeted at one of our players. That seems like a big deal. If Keisei ever played in the NCAA tournament, we would be the darling of the dance. Everyone except our opponent would be cheering for this kid. Being from Kansas, most of my friends are Jayhawk fans. Because of me they watch Husker sports. Keisei Tominaga is their favorite player in college basketball. 

8 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

He doesn't worry about getting his touches. He's all over the place setting screens, making hard cuts, forcing his defender to work. And with the offensive discipline this team is showing this year, he can be relatively confident that he'll see the ball at some point. And often, it'll be where he can do something positive with it. And when the shot's not there, he can pass the ball without having to worry that he'll never see it again. That was NOT the case last year.

Keisei lacks athleticism, but his movements, with and without the ball, are so decisive and quick. And that makes him PLAY fast. Which is all that really matters on the offensive end. Similar to Thor. Jay Wright and Gregg Popovich have a .5 second rule - within half a second of catching the ball you need to make a decision whether to shoot it, pass it or dribble it(either downhill or to make a better angle for a pass). This can be taught to an extent (and this team as a whole does a better job of it than any Husker team in a long time mostly because of the designed stuff we do in the halfcourt), but players like Keisei have an inherent feel for it. He's a coach's dream in that regard. And for Hoiberg, he's a coach's dream in that he has no conscious whatsoever shooting the ball. Hope we get him for one more year. 

21 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Great piece by BTN.  I really hope Keisei comes back.  I know there are a lot of naysayers about Keisei having next level potential with valid criticisms of his size and flaws.  However, if you don't think Hoiberg is going to try and sell him on coming back for an additional year to further his development to make a run at the NBA, you are crazy.  If the last four games have shown us anything it's that this kid has a chance and will hopefully only continue to get better.