NCAA vs. NIT

Tom Jones

I am also curious since the wnit is a pay to play I wonder how much the winner gets back?

I saw Colorado state had to pay like 20k to go play at northern Iowa so I wonder how much they paid to just host.

It's interesting the men's is free ran by the ncaa and the wnit is a pay to play thing. Find that crazy in today's world

48 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

It's interesting the men's is free ran by the ncaa and the wnit is a pay to play thing. Find that crazy in today's world

I agree.  In fact if this is true, the hullabaloo rightfully raised about the inequalities of hotels, food, et al the last couple years still exists for the ladies.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-basketball-gender-inequities-2021-exposed-march-madness-162712173.html

Edited by Huskerpapa

Since the WNIT is a for-profit tournament, all games are played on the site of the higher bidding team. The national championship game is currently carried on CBS Sports Network. Teams can host in the first round for a guarantee of $6,500 a game and in the second round for $7,500 a game.

South Dakota State is going to advance in the NCAA. Their Senior center, Myah Sellen, is so solid and has the ability to drive and score against the bigger, more athletic post players of USC.  I have always been impressed at how well coached the Jackrabbits are each year by Aaron Johnson.  It’s incredible how he wins with small town girls from Minnesota and South Dakota.

On a side note, all of these officials checking the clock is ridiculous and it takes forever. 

2 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

Scoggin did not play for UNLV on Friday. She only played in 14 games this year. Her last game was on January 5th. She was in street clothes so would think she suffered an injury that became season and career ending.

W Brown quit the team at Fort Hays.

57 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

Scoggin did not play for UNLV on Friday. She only played in 14 games this year. Her last game was on January 5th. She was in street clothes so would think she suffered an injury that became season and career ending.

In the 14 games she played she averaged about 9 minutes with 2 points and 1 rebound per game. 

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Did Brown put on weight? You would think therer could be a lawsuit in that.

Don't technically think it was just about weight. I think it had to do with some skill sets and blaming different things about her herself for the reason she wasn't doing things right. I think she would attempt to work on things and then he would go at a different angle on her. Coach Hobbs has been a tough coach for as long as I have known him since he was at hastings college. Hastings girls loved him as a coach back In the day when they were winning. So not real sure.