2023-24 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

13 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

The Doc Sadler approach to non-conference scheduling.

And the 2017-18 Nebrasketball team called. They want their NCAA bid.

I know the idea may change with 20 conference games. But you still have to win some of those.

That team lost 4 non-conference games and only had one quality win (Michigan). 

Like I said, go 10-1 against a weak non-con schedule and have the same type of conference season we had this year (i.e., similar amount of quality wins in conference) and we’re dancing. Every time.
Opportunities for quality wins in conference will always be available. If we continue to schedule a tougher-than-most non-con, the only way to get an at-large bid will be the 2014 route of winning 13 conference games, including a handful of quality wins because I just don’t trust nebrasketball to consistently beat great non-con opponents. Just think our best bet, year to year, is to beat a whole bunch of cupcakes, then go around .500 in conference. This is what these other teams who are usually in the bottom half of the B1G do, and they all make the tourney more than we do. 

2023-24 CONFERENCE OPPONENTS

NEBRASKA
Home: Michigan State, Penn State, Purdue
Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland
Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin 

My thoughts - love getting MSU and Purdue, probably preseason top 2, both once and at home. Double plays look very reasonable as well

OMAHA, Neb. – The Creighton men’s basketball team has scored two big commitments from Tennessee natives on Wednesday.

Within minutes of each other, Memphis transfer Jonathan Lawson and Tennessee high-schooler Brock Vice made their announcements on Twitter.

Lawson will have three seasons of eligibility after one year at Memphis. He played in 29 games for the Tigers, averaging 3.4 points, 1.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.

He scored a career-high 10 points against Texas A&M in December.

A 6’6” guard with a 7’1” wingspan, Lawson was a top-50 recruit coming out of high school.

Lawson will be joined on the roster by fellow Tennessee native Brock Vice, a 6’10” forward from Germantown, Tenn.

A 2023 recruit, Vice had 10 total Division I scholarship offers, including Saint Louis, Appalachian State and Tulsa.

Vice had initially signed his letter of intent with Saint Louis in November, but he requested a release last month.

20 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

OMAHA, Neb. – The Creighton men’s basketball team has scored two big commitments from Tennessee natives on Wednesday.

Within minutes of each other, Memphis transfer Jonathan Lawson and Tennessee high-schooler Brock Vice made their announcements on Twitter.

Lawson will have three seasons of eligibility after one year at Memphis. He played in 29 games for the Tigers, averaging 3.4 points, 1.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.

He scored a career-high 10 points against Texas A&M in December.

A 6’6” guard with a 7’1” wingspan, Lawson was a top-50 recruit coming out of high school.

Lawson will be joined on the roster by fellow Tennessee native Brock Vice, a 6’10” forward from Germantown, Tenn.

A 2023 recruit, Vice had 10 total Division I scholarship offers, including Saint Louis, Appalachian State and Tulsa.

Vice had initially signed his letter of intent with Saint Louis in November, but he requested a release last month.

giphy.gif

PG Elijah Hawkins of Howard to Minnesota, kind of a little guy.

Hawkins averaged 13 points, six assists, 3.6 rebounds and 1.7 steals a game this season for a team that went 22-13. He is listed at 5'11 and 152 pounds.

https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/article/minnesota-basketball-recruiting-howard-pg-transfer-elijah-hawkin-209829747/

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Somebody needs to define "hosting" to me.  How are we hosting an "event" that is not wholly played at our facility?  To me, we arranged three home games.  The three other schools agreed to play us here, and then agreed to play each other at different venues.  ???

3 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Somebody needs to define "hosting" to me.  How are we hosting an "event" that is not wholly played at our facility?  To me, we arranged three home games.  The three other schools agreed to play us here, and then agreed to play each other at different venues.  ???

You need to have a Multi Team Event (MTE) in order to play 31 games in a year instead of 29.  Thus, if we aren't going to a tourney in Orlando or Maui or wherever, we have to put together our own event.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compliance/cbreform/2023D1MBB_MTECriteria.pdf