Nebraska (10-11) vs. Maryland (13-7) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Final Stats:

I'm getting so tired of seeing the Huskers continually Hosed by Crooked Officials. FT discrepancy tells the story. 26 for Maryland vs 15 for the Huskers. (13 FTA's for Maryland vs ONE FTA for the Huskers at the Half - They know they're crooked; trying to cook the books in the 2nd half to make it look less obvious). Same for the Ladies. Iowa with 22 FTAs in today's game vs. 11 for the Huskers.

image.png

image.png

The two-man game with Walker and Griesel has run its course against Big Ten teams. They’re forcing it and turning it over too much. We now have two players who are shooting the ball really well (Lawrence and Hoiberg) and another who is still a threat (Keisei). Let’s go back to running the offense and generating open perimeter shots. Hoiberg’s offense has always done that, we just usually have had a total of zero players who could consistently knock down those open looks. Lawrence and Keisei did not get enough touches today. It’ll open things up for Walker and Griesel more.
We also need to stagger the rotation somehow to never insert CJ and Wilhelm into the game at the same time, as they usually do. It ruins any momentum that we had built. 

19 hours ago, WhyDoIWatchThisTeam said:

I’m sorry but you’re wrong. The way they guard Kesei is way more aggressive because they know how’s our best shooter. Sam is playing great, but it’s not the same. And Sam is a better defender but not by much. They are already exposing his size on the other end 

But it’s not my opinion. 

In roughly 25min:

SH:  15pts (6/8), 3rb, 1TO, better defense

KT:  3pts (1/3), 2rb, 2TO, worse defense

Like I said, small sample size, but Sam deserves at least to split minutes with KT at this point.  KT is a random X factor and not at all dependable.  This is the first time they’ve split minutes so there is no other statistic to draw from.  

I also disagree entirely that Sam isn’t much better defensively than Keisei.  Sam is extremely active and physical with better anticipation and lateral quickness.  The kid is in the weight room.  Sorry. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 12:23 PM, Fullbacksympathy said:

But it’s not my opinion. 

In roughly 25min:

SH:  15pts (6/8), 3rb, 1TO, better defense

KT:  3pts (1/3), 2rb, 2TO, worse defense

Like I said, small sample size, but Sam deserves at least to split minutes with KT at this point.  KT is a random X factor and not at all dependable.  This is the first time they’ve split minutes so there is no other statistic to draw from.  

I also disagree entirely that Sam isn’t much better defensively than Keisei.  Sam is extremely active and physical with better anticipation and lateral quickness.  The kid is in the weight room.  Sorry. 

How’s this take working out for you? Sam has been incredible but Keisei is carrying this team and I LOVE IT

58 minutes ago, WhyDoIWatchThisTeam said:

How’s this take working out for you? Sam has been incredible but Keisei is carrying this team and I LOVE IT

Wow, tough crowd.  You've been holding this one in your back pocket for quite some time!  Hopefully no one takes.the time to find all my strong opinions I have been horribly wrong about.  😀

5 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Wow, tough crowd.  You've been holding this one in your back pocket for quite some time!  Hopefully no one takes.the time to find all my strong opinions I have been horribly wrong about.  😀

I wasn't paying close enough attention, and thought this was tonight's game. Oh boy, that was a wild ride. 🤣

4 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Yeah that was a pretty deep cut he went for 😂 I even said it was a small sample size! Sam Hoiberg is no flash in the pan but Keisei has been out of his mind.  I celebrate my wrong hot take with all of you! 😆