Decision time for next year

kldm64

Looking ahead to next year  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Fred to be retained as our head coach next year?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think Fred will be retained as our head coach next year?

• Yes
    • No

The metrics are moreso tied to compensation rather than being retained.

I am thinking Trev believes Fred is a good representative of our University and he isn't in any hurry to make another huge hire if he doesn't have to. I do think we've shown progress in terms of competitiveness and I think he will be retained and I'd like to see him retained myself.

As far as all the Tim Miles discussion ... we got hot over a very brief period of time. That team was GOD AWFUL in the early season. Yes, it all matters and it was a very fun run. The team fell on its face the next year. The cupboard wasn't exactly stocked when Miles left but one could argue that recruiting was hindered due to uncertainty of job security.

I think there's a chance Fred will take a job in NBA management for a bit of a soft landing. I do think he's a good basketball mind and coach and he's shown willingness to adjust his system and philosophy, but it's fairly late in the game. We need some recruiting momentum ... but the uncertainty (just like Miles down the stretch) makes it not so easy to recruit to. I like our staff and think we have good teachers and culture currently. Will be interesting to watch play out.