I've got a question....

cipsucks

Now this is an honest question, and I am in no way criticizing anyone.  I truly want to know the answer.

I see there are quite a few members who have never posted.  That's fine.  I've more than covered your share.  But here's my question.  Why do you sign in?  Is it so you have the capability to like or dislike a certain post?  Is it to gain access to our state of the art recruiting section?  I would like to know.  And, please, don't stop what you're doing, if you don't want to.  It's great having you belong to this board.

Now, if you want to use this thread as an opportunity to make that first post, please feel free to take the plunge.  The water's fine. 

As an added incentive, whoever makes post number one in this thread gets a free bag of beef jerky.  Just come down to Barry's on March 6th for our pregame bash and you can pick it up there.  If you're out of the area, I might send it to you, depending on the quality of your post.   ;)

I look forward to some answers!

For me, I like to read other people's opinions.  Unfortunately due to my kids' schedules, I am not able to read daily so some discussions have already have run their course.  I did register when the board upgraded to have access to the recruiting forum to keep up who is being looked at.

I have followed the Husker BB team since the Hoppen/Cloudy years listening to the games growing up.  Was at UNL during the glory year(s) under Nee.  Although I live in Lincoln, the schedules of my 4 kids does not allow much opportunity to go to games in person, but I try to follow as close as I can (which is why I check this site as often as I do).

For me, I like to read other people's opinions.  Unfortunately due to my kids' schedules, I am not able to read daily so some discussions have already have run their course.  I did register when the board upgraded to have access to the recruiting forum to keep up who is being looked at.

I have followed the Husker BB team since the Hoppen/Cloudy years listening to the games growing up.  Was at UNL during the glory year(s) under Nee.  Although I live in Lincoln, the schedules of my 4 kids does not allow much opportunity to go to games in person, but I try to follow as close as I can (which is why I check this site as often as I do).

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!  dennis, I can attest to the quality of the jerky.  Another very fine Cip product. 

I guess I should have worded my offer a little differently.  It's not just a bag of jerky to the first poster, it applies to any poster who is making post number 1 in this thread.  I'll give away cases of jerky if we have that many new people posting...

Thanks for the input, Dennis, and welcome to posting.  I see people who are logged on with zero posts and I wonder why they take the time to log on.  I thought maybe Dimes has some sort of a green stamp type deal going he didn't tell me about where you get frequent flyer miles for minutes logged on to this site.

I'm always the last one to know about these things.....

Now this is an honest question, and I am in no way criticizing anyone.  I truly want to know the answer.

I see there are quite a few members who have never posted.  That's fine.  I've more than covered your share.  But here's my question.  Why do you sign in?  Is it so you have the capability to like or dislike a certain post?  Is it to gain access to our state of the art recruiting section?  I would like to know.  And, please, don't stop what you're doing, if you don't want to.  It's great having you belong to this board.

Now, if you want to use this thread as an opportunity to make that first post, please feel free to take the plunge.  The water's fine. 

As an added incentive, whoever makes post number one in this thread gets a free bag of beef jerky.  Just come down to Barry's on March 6th for our pregame bash and you can pick it up there.  If you're out of the area, I might send it to you, depending on the quality of your post.   ;)

I look forward to some answers!

How much for salsa?

Not a FIRST-time poster, but a SELDOM poster here...I'm just not always in a position to chime in on certain topics, but it's interesting and, I think, well worth it to read the opinions of people who are legitimately interested in basketball and not just the bandwagon hoppers. Being able to sign in lets me see when there are new posts in threads that interest me and send/receive PMs, and post when I think I have something to contribute. Speak softly and carry a big stick...or something along those lines.

Not a FIRST-time poster, but a SELDOM poster here...I'm just not always in a position to chime in on certain topics, but it's interesting and, I think, well worth it to read the opinions of people who are legitimately interested in basketball and not just the bandwagon hoppers. Being able to sign in lets me see when there are new posts in threads that interest me and send/receive PMs, and post when I think I have something to contribute. Speak softly and carry a big stick...or something along those lines.

Is this the same Ladyhusker from Huskerboard?  If so, you're a great poster and should do so more often!

dimes, can you change my post count back to one?

Hey, long time/first time here.  Excellent thread, cip!  I mostly log in to read the witty banter between prolific posters such as yourself and Norm Peterson (that guy's a real hoot!).  I don't really have much to add to the conversation so I pretty much keep to myself, but I thought this would be as good a place as any to introduce myself to the community at large.  ;)

dimes, can you change my post count back to one?

Hey, long time/first time here.  Excellent thread, cip!  I mostly log in to read the witty banter between prolific posters such as yourself and Norm Peterson (that guy's a real hoot!).  I don't really have much to add to the conversation so I pretty much keep to myself, but I thought this would be as good a place as any to introduce myself to the community at large.   ;)

Nothing to add?  Actually yours is a subtraction of lilred!

Most of the time, I feel like I have no good input to the discussions on the board. Being far away from Huskerland doesn't help to have any "insight". But I love to read this board and love the passion for NU hoops. I really hope and believe btw that Tim Miles gets this done just so some of you finally get to celebrate NU's first NCAA win.

Just wanted to say that I am firmly on the bandwagon. Carry on guys :D

I'm not sure why i don't post, i have really never posted on any board. But i do like to follow the latest news/rumors or whatever the hot topic is for all Husker sports. I stumbled upon this website last fall and have been following it regularly. I enjoy reading all the post's from people and their opinions. Tim Miles has me excited again about the future of Husker basketball, i am hoping that we can get back to the big dance sooner rather than later. I have followed the Huskers for as long as i can remember, i have been told by my aunt that she took me to a game at the coliseum but i don't remember it, i was too young! I took my son to his first game vs Michigan St last weekend and he loved it. Hopefully that's something we can do on a regular basis. I was at the Iowa game too, what a comeback!

I've followed the board for awhile,  I appreciate the people on here and their passion for husker basketball. Im sure alot of time and effort goes into running this site. I'm a season ticket holder/donor and travel around 4 1/2 hours round trip to support the team as often as I can. (Those 8pm tips can go away anytime) I like hearing everyones opinions and following here making me feel more in the loop, you could say. Don't know if others would find my opinions all that knowledgable or insightful, is probably my reason for not posting. I'm extremely excited about the direction this program is heading, and hope to enjoy the ride too the top with you all. GBR  

You mean all this time we've been talking about basketball? Oh, that's embarrassing. I thought it was an S&M board.

I realize that's generally what it feels like, but if it was an S&M board, I'd expect different pictures.  And different videos, actually.

If you play those videos backwards.....:)

Saw my first game in 1959 so the game has passed me by. If I knew more I'd contribute. Usually I'll read a post that will say what i was thinking anyway. I enjoy reading the opinions, insights, and knowledge of others. Some of you are hilarious. Love the passion that you all have and being a sunshine pumper I feel we're on the right track. It's fun to be excited. GBR