unelinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 17: Illinois

cornfed24-7

21 minutes ago, HB said:

Or not due to his ADs cutting his nuts off and impairing his recruiting and assistant coach retention?  Any chance of having any balance to your views?   

This reminds me of something that happened outside Hampton back in the early sixties. We lived on a farm a mile and a half east of the town.  Just a half mile west of us, lived an evil, evil woman and her daughter.  I won't give names, but they were evil!  The husband/father "committed" suicide by hanging himself in the barn with barbed wire.  My dad actually found him hanging.  Anyway, after his exit from this world, a hired man was brought on.  Hormones got out of control, and low and behold, the daughter was with child. The evil woman castrated the hired man in his sleep. He later that year was in a car wreck and was decapitated. So, he almost lost two heads in the same year...

My point of this story is, no matter how bad things appear to be in Husker basketball, we should be happy the team has balls to dribble.

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

This reminds me of something that happened outside Hampton back in the early sixties. We lived on a farm a mile and a half east of the town.  Just a half mile west of us, lived an evil, evil woman and her daughter.  I won't give names, but they were evil!  The husband/father "committed" suicide by hanging himself in the barn with barbed wire.  My dad actually found him hanging.  Anyway, after his exit from this world, a hired man was brought on.  Hormones got out of control, and low and behold, the daughter was with child. The evil woman castrated the hired man in his sleep. He later that year was in a car wreck and was decapitated. So, he almost lost two heads in the same year...

My point of this story is, no matter how bad things appear to be in Husker basketball, we should be happy the team has balls to dribble.

Why has there never been a movie made of this '60s Hampton hysteria. . . holy moly !

2 hours ago, HB said:

Yes.  When they leave the head guy twisting in the wind, the good assistants bail.  And I promise you that’s what happened with Kenya.  And when Kenya left, it was over.  

He had 3 years left and comimg off a good year.  I dont know, alot of assistants and players that were promising left under Tim.  Makes me wonder if there were other issues.  That was also Bill's 1st year.  I will say having 3 AD's in 7 years isnt ideal for anyone, but i do think there were other issues.

Edited by Craytonhater

2 hours ago, Craytonhater said:

He had 3 years left and comimg off a good year.  I dont know, alot of assistants and players that were promising left under Tim.  Makes me wonder if there were other issues.  That was also Bill's 1st year.  I will say having 3 AD's in 7 years isnt ideal for anyone, but i do think there were other issues.

It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't given Frost an extension following 4 - 8 and 5 - 7 seasons, but not give a 1 year extension to a coach for setting a record for conference wins.  Maybe Kenya still leaves.  I'm going to side with him staying.  Which most likely keeps Xavier.

11 hours ago, Craytonhater said:

Eichorst  didn’t extend Tim’s contract.  Very tepid support otherwise.  Them Moos. But I realize nothing will change your mind or balance your  crusade.  

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Exactly— this is the point they’re trying to make.  This was heavily discussed at the time.  Leaving a coach with less than 4 years is a “dead man walking” thing.  I can guarantee you this was used against us in recruiting pitches.

Thats a Lee B thing.  I think thats more overblown then in the past.  Just my opinion though.

17 minutes ago, HB said:

Eichorst  didn’t extend Tim’s contract.  Very tepid support otherwise.  Them Moos. But I realize nothing will change your mind or balance your  crusade.  

Im not disagreeing that he was screwed to a point.  He did have 7 years, finished in the bottom most of those, and failed to elevate or maintain after his best year.  He was the right fit at the right time.  Just didnt get it done.